Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bedliner?

well for a while i had a musty nasty moldy smell in the jeep, figured out i had a wet towel under my spare tire...how it got wet i was baffled. so i fabreezed the back and thought the smell was gone which it was for a while until a few days ago. today im helping someone jump their car at school and i notice the back carpet is wet again...ok now what. get home take the panels off and i notice about 1 inches of standing water and about 2 inches of nasty mud in the inside of my right rear quarter panel. NOT COOL. lift my carpet and the padding is soaked. by now im pretty pissed and procede to tear out the carpet in the rear up to the rear seat, all wet and a little rusty. so heres the question...i need to do something to the area and im thinking some sort of bedliner i can put on myself. anyone done this? is there and reason i shouldnt do this? I will make sure not to cover any wires or something important but other than that? it would just be the trunk area, wheel wells and a little under the rear seat. tell me whatcha think!
    B R E T T
    87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

I was going to do this when I had my XJ, for the same reasons you gave. I never got around to it. One thing I noticed was, with the carpet out, the floors got really hot. Oh, and not to meantion that it got alot louder inside. Both of which I didnt care about!
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

do you think the bedliner will heat up too??
      B R E T T

Comment

I dont think the bedliner stuff has any special thermal protection, so I would imagine so.
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

hmm alright...well its only going in the trunk area so i think it wont be much of a problem.
          B R E T T

Comment

Originally posted by JeepJunkie
            hmm alright...well its only going in the trunk area so i think it wont be much of a problem.
            Agreed!
            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Working...
            X