Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on the cage! Can't wait to see your pics and stuff. We just got our www.EssentiallyOffroad.com cages yesterday! Mine will be installed Saturday, thanks to the help of www.Rock-ItMan.com

:gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

well... you guys both suck!! :mad: hopefully I can find somebody up here to weld it in for me.. if not I may have to make a trek down your way or get a bolt on... :mad:

Congrats!

flywaterguide

03 TJ with a few mods.

Comment

fly, i think we could all agree it'd be worth the trip!
        the door is always open!

Comment

Looks solid Kiwi... Im waiting for my Die to come in so I can put my new tube bender to use. Did you use a tube notcher or just draw on the tube and trim with a wiz wheel? Looks good... Im 90% sure I am going to copy the poison spyder design with mine and take it over the top and down the side of the dash with plate. That way I don't loose the vent on the drivers side. I do live in so cal and love my AC....
          Scott Poliseno
          www.4x4garage.com

The trouble with political jokes is that very often they get elected.

Comment

Hey Fly

Come on done here...Chris (Rock-ItMan) would be happy to weld up that cage for you...email him for details...

It be nice to meet you

Tam
            2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
            Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Or you could come to Ridgecrest! I am always looking for welding practice. :Evil grin:
              [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
              [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by 4x4garage
                Looks solid Kiwi... Im waiting for my Die to come in so I can put my new tube bender to use. Did you use a tube notcher or just draw on the tube and trim with a wiz wheel? Looks good... Im 90% sure I am going to copy the poison spyder design with mine and take it over the top and down the side of the dash with plate. That way I don't loose the vent on the drivers side. I do live in so cal and love my AC....
                No need to loose any vents... The EO design replaces the factory vent ducts with some flexible ducts. You just cut the old junk out and stick the flex hose deal in there. I have to admit I was very skeptical of whether the vents would even be effective after that mod, but even with the snow/cold we've had the vents and the side window defrosters work.
                1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
                My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Originally posted by 4x4garage
                  The tubing was already notched, and as Rick said, the vents work just fine.
                  [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]2001 TJ with stuff..[/COLOR]

Comment

After a lot of thought I would much rather go down through the dash. Anyone know where I can scare up some more info on how to re route the ducks?
                    Scott Poliseno
                    www.4x4garage.com

The trouble with political jokes is that very often they get elected.

Comment

Originally posted by rick
                      No need to loose any vents... The EO design replaces the factory vent ducts with some flexible ducts. You just cut the old junk out and stick the flex hose deal in there. I have to admit I was very skeptical of whether the vents would even be effective after that mod, but even with the snow/cold we've had the vents and the side window defrosters work.
                      can you tell us any more about the flexible duct hose? Pics?

Thanks!

FG

03 TJ with a few mods.

Comment

We're working on a write up on the TJ cage install now. The flexible hose ducts are simply the old style (CJ and some Ford/GM) air cleaner inlet flex duct. They have the little snap close clamps on them. Here's what I'm talking about: CJ air duct It's part number 5 in the pic.

Simple and effective. The hose is reinforced with wire, so you can mash it into pretty much any shape you need to clear stuff in the dash. I couldn't find an actual pic of it, but you can buy them at Autozone for about $10. They came with the EOR cage.
                        1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
                        My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

That's great info Rick, thanks. I talked with Chris a little yesterday.. he said that you guys have had a tough time talking to EOR lately... I tried calling them a few times as well and haven't heard back from them.

Keep us updated.

jeff

03 TJ with a few mods.

Comment

Originally posted by flywaterguide
                            That's great info Rick, thanks. I talked with Chris a little yesterday.. he said that you guys have had a tough time talking to EOR lately... I tried calling them a few times as well and haven't heard back from them.

Keep us updated.

jeff
                            They have been really busy, they said, because of the holidays. They are mailing us some info, and we're going to organize a group buy, in some way, shape or form.

Comment

If you PM me I will give you my personal cell # and you can always get me there. I have been in and out of town for the last few weeks but will be here for the next couple of months so we should be able to get something going in a couple weeks.

Comment

When the cage goes thru the dash, do you have to lose the speakers? I saw the 'fix' for the vents, but going w/out tunes would be tough.

Alan

Comment

Working...
                                X