Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifetime Tent Trailer from Costco

So, Lesa and I have wanted an offroad tent trailer for some time now and we finally ordered one! It's the Lifetime Tent Trailer and is sold through Costco. Here are a few pic's taken from the Costco web site:

and here is a link to the Costco web site if your interested:http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...sc1&lang=en-US

We should receive it in a week or so and will have to put it together (as it comes in a kit).

I'll try and get some pics of the build and post them once I start.

Who's ready for some camping??

Scott
    "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Check this out scott

http://www.jeepasylum.com/showthread...er-from-Costco
    [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

That thing has some serious potential and gives me some ideas. If only I had 2500 bucks burning a hole in my pocket. That has to make you feel good that the guy on the other forum paid 3K for his.
      dP
      [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

Scott, I saw that post on Jeep Asylum and showed Lesa and we were sold. They actually don't make that particular model any more. This new model is a bit smaller and has some design changes that might make it a bit more difficult to take on the trail but, I'm excited to get it and try it out!

Danny, I like the new price at just over $2500 delivered I'm very happy!

Comment

Cool Scott. Soooooooo when are we going camping??
          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
          MJR moderator
          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

That thing is pretty cool. Lots of options. Congrats Scott.
            Check out .

Comment

You should carry at least 1 spare tire/wheel.
              LG
              Hav'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men....

Comment

[QUOTE=Lumpy Grits;208763]You should carry at least 1 spare tire/wheel.

The trailer did not come with a spare but I did get one. Thanks LG!

Comment

Tent Set Up

My Son-in-Law gave me a hand putting the trailer together a few weeks ago. I was very impressed with the ease of assembly and the workmanship of this trailer. It took us about 6 hours to put it together from start to finish. The instructions were fairly easy to follow and all of the parts were there which is always a plus!

I plan on trying to figure out how to replace the little 12.5" trailer tires with at least a 31" tire as soon as possible. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

After having the trailer set up for a week or 2 and getting some much needed use out of the "Utility Portion" of it, we finally pulled into the driveway and put the tent up in it the other day.

Here are a few pic's.

It's nice and roomy inside and well constructed!

For our "First Set Up" it took about 20 minutes to figure it all out and get it set up but, with practice we should be able to get it set up in the "8 minutes" they say it takes in the video!

It's nice and big inside, with lots of room!

So far, it pulls real nice behind the JK, we hardly know its back there! it's been to the dump once and hauled some larger items around the High Desert. We are very excited to try it out and do some camping here very soon!

Now it's off to the DMV appointment in the morning to gett'er registered! .....UGH! Wish me luck!!
                  Last edited by avjeepfreek; 07-20-12, 12:33 PM.

Comment

I see it comes with a maid..........:haha:
                    LG

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy Grits View Post
                      I see it comes with a maid..........:haha:
                      LG
                      lol! I'll tell her you said that! ......:haha:

Comment

Your a brave man......LOL
                        LG

Comment

That is Way cool!
                          Jeep Girl

Comment

New here, but thought this was pretty cool http://www.truckcamperforum.com/inde...showtopic=2285. I also own a Lifetime Tent Trailer (older one) and have loved it. I will post some photos soon

Comment

Well, I looked into buying the LIFETIME spare tire mount system through the LIFETIME web site which fits nicely under the rear of the trailer and slides out for convenient access to the spare. ....and then, after I picked myself off the floor after seeing the $399 price they wanted for it! WTF?? .......Is it made of Gold!?!

I figured there had to be a better way! So, I went and purchased a spare tire and a mount from Harbor Freight (I love that Place!) and I mounted it (as per the instructions) to the tongue frame of the trailer.

Well I soon realized this was not going to work because now I couldn't lower the front gate and use the front door of the tent!

After a bit thinking and tinkering and some advise from my son Chris, I made a trip to the local steel yard. I devised a plan to mount it to the tailgate it's self and solve my problem.

The $2.58 piece of steel I got was to small for the what I had in mind so I took it next door to my neighbor Chris, (a different Chris) who dabbles in fabrication and welding. After looking at my plan and putting our heads together, he produced a piece of scrap plate steel that almost fit perfectly onto the upper and lower tailgate rails. With a few quick cuts from the plasma cutter we had a plate that fit perfectly. I prepped it and he welded it in place then with a quick shot of black rust-ol-eum paint I was in business!

Here is how it turned out!

Last edited by avjeepfreek; 07-20-12, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X