Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WANTED: Pics of Metalcloack fenders and 33's?

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANTED: Pics of Metalcloack fenders and 33's?

I love the arched look of the Metalcloak fenders. Had a friend bring to my attention that they may look silly with 33 tires. I'm a visual creature and need to actually see it..I'm thinking he may be right. Don't want my tires looking like donuts. Anyone with 33's have any pics of these fenders on their rig ?

Thanks,
    Lorie
    Jeep Girl

Dont know how they look with 33"tires but I like them also. The price is what holding me back from buying a set. They are a pretty good alternative to doin a highline when going to 37"+ tires. Also like the fact they are steel with aluminum to keep the weight down.
    Last edited by Jeeperator; 04-04-12, 07:41 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

You've seen what they look like on 35's and 37's..think 33's would look silly Beau?
      Jeep Girl

Comment

Maybe not with ~3 inch lift. Hard to say, pics will tell you alot.

Comment

remember mine in big bear last year? I had 3.25" total lift (2" springs, 1.25" body lift) and 31.5" tires (metric 32s) I don't think yours would look bad with 33s and 4" total lift. I only have the fronts. Didn't look horrible with the small tires, but it sure looks better now with the larger tires. I've got the thinner 4" flares, and flat, not arched.

Here's how it was with the small tires:

[COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
          www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Ya, I'm on the fence. It may look ok. I might email those guys and ask for some pics for a jeep like mine so I can really see what it'd look like. Most roll on 35's or bigger.
            Jeep Girl

Comment

There's several photo threads on JeepForum dedicated to photos with metal cloak fenders, you could probably sift through them and find one with your lift height and tire size. Some folks did it like I did, got the fenders first, then drove around a bit before getting larger tires.
              [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab

Comment

Ya, I'm not going bigger tires with a 2.5L, 4.56 gears and Dana 35 w/30 spline. 33's are as big as I go.
                Jeep Girl

Comment

I meant that some folks posted up photos while they still had their smaller tires on.

Personally, I don't like the look of the arched fenders as much as the regular metal cloaks with any tire size, but that's just me

The install is pretty easy, I did mine in a day by myself taking it slow and taking several brakes (one of which was to clean the engine real good!) having a second person to help hold things will speed it up and make it easier. But you can do it by yourself.

And I'd replace alot of the bolts with button head bolts, the kit has you reuse a few bolts here and there, but I went back and replaced them with button heads, looks alot better that way.
                  Last edited by daniel_buck; 04-04-12, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by I H8RDS View Post
                    I love the arched look of the Metalcloak fenders. Had a friend bring to my attention that they may look silly with 33 tires. I'm a visual creature and need to actually see it..I'm thinking he may be right. Don't want my tires looking like donuts. Anyone with 33's have any pics of these fenders on their rig ?

Thanks,
                    Lorie

Comment

What's wrong you dont like the shittybilt 76872 for the front Priced right for under 300 bucks if they are gunna get beat up why not. or Genright makes some good lookin Aluminum Tube Fenders Front TFF-2730 Rear TFR-1030. For the price of the Metalcloack fenders you can make those for like 300 bucks... Why is fun so F-Ing Expensive....
                      [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

I know it Danny....I have expensive taste. I just think they look so cool..banged up or not I'm not runnin' out and buying anything right now..just thinking..

My Savvy Antirock Swaybar goes on next weekend
                        Jeep Girl

Comment

Nice! You'll love it! I run mine on the middle setting, and it seems to be just fine on road, and offroad.

Comment

I know it Danny....I have expensive taste. I just think they look so cool..banged up or not I'm not runnin' out and buying anything right now..just thinking..

Most women do have expensive taste. A new Swaybar will be something I do after the gears are done.
                            [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by JK08 View Post
                              Most women do have expensive taste. A new Swaybar will be something I do after the gears are done.

Well, guess it's OK if I pay for all my bills and upgrades. :gun: Not like I'm askin' anyone to pay for anything
                              Jeep Girl

Comment

Working...
                              X