Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ: good water-proof seat covers for TJ?

So, I run with no windows or doors for most of the year, and I've come to my jeep a few times to find soggy seats from rain, and once or twice from sprinklers while parking at friends houses on the street.

I have the interior tub bedlined, and the final thing I want to do with the interior is get some seat covers (or worst case, different seats?) that don't soak up water, something I could brush off quickly and be ok to sit on them even if they got rained on.

Suggestions?
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
    So, I run with no windows or doors for most of the year, and I've come to my jeep a few times to find soggy seats from rain, and once or twice from sprinklers while parking at friends houses on the street.

I have the interior tub bedlined, and the final thing I want to do with the interior is get some seat covers (or worst case, different seats?) that don't soak up water, something I could brush off quickly and be ok to sit on them even if they got rained on.

Suggestions?
    Thats a good question. never looked for water resistant seat covers. How bout some faux leather ones. I had a pair of wet suit seat covers for a while but they are soft and don't last long. Not sure how water resistant they actually were either. Next best thing is the Tijuana seat cover: 30 gal. trash bag. They come in a number of different colors.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

haha, yea I carry a big 2 mil trashbag in my glove compartment for just that purpose Looking for something a bit more perminant though. I have heard that the 'wet suit' seat covers actually absorb the water.

Haven't heard much about the fake leather ones, maybe some sort of vinyl covers would be water proof? If there's a puddle of water on the butt of the seat, that's fine I can wipe that off, just don't want it to soak in.
      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
        Thats a good question. never looked for water resistant seat covers. How bout some faux leather ones. I had a pair of wet suit seat covers for a while but they are soft and don't last long. Not sure how water resistant they actually were either. Next best thing is the Tijuana seat cover: 30 gal. trash bag. They come in a number of different colors.
        LOL such a smartass! BUT..they do work. Black was my preference of color hehe
        Jeep Girl

Comment

Hey just thought of something. What if you buy one of those doggy seat covers like on TV. They are water proof and have to be kinda tough if dogs are gonna be jumpin on them. Cut it to fit your seat and use some micro bungees to attach it to your seat. I think they cost around $30 bucks for one that covers the back seat so you'll have enough to do both front buckets.
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I have the custom fit Wet Okole in my Nissan Titan. They're not cheap, but they fit great. They are a wet suit material cover. I go to the beach alot and they hold up well, when I climb in with wet trunks. I can't say how well they stand up to the riggers of an open top. I think they're worth a little research.
            It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Cordura Waterproof Seat Covers
              Cordura Custom waterproof seat cover offers super durable, rugged performance for those who value maximum protection. Excellent for constuction workers, heavy industry use, or as a Pet Seat Cover. All Cordura waterproof car seat covers are Custom made from laminated Cordura fabric.
              •Maximum Protection
              •Long Lasting, Waterproof Car Seat
              •Wash or Surface Clean
              I have used one of these seat cover on a open cab cat. D-6 dozer water proff and tough
              "Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit" as said by those incapable of its proper application and as such suffer from it a lot.

Comment

I'll look into the Condura covers, thanks

Comment

how much do the cordura covers cost? wet oakies are already worth more then most seats
                  KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy162 View Post
                    how much do the cordura covers cost? wet oakies are already worth more then most seats

You're looking at around $200 for a pair...which are better?
                    Jeep Girl

Comment

yea, I wonder for $200 a pair, would it just be better to get a pair of seats that are actually made out of waterproof material? Seems like in the long run that would probably be better? Then again, I don't know what waterproof seats would cost.

Comment

okies are more then 200 for 4runner. Cordura would seem like a better material. Ive seen a cordura jackets take a beating. As long as it dosnt sun fade for you topless guys...who makes them?
                        KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

why do you need waterproof seats? how about you just put a top on when it rains? put a jumbo sized trash bag over your seats then put a so-so seat cover over the bags, whalla,,,,, water resistant seat covers. save your money for more important things. just my opinion.
                          1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

uh... well I wouldn't be looking for waterproof seat covers if I didn't think I needed them. ???

I roll with no doors and my windows zipped out 99% of the time. If it starts raining mid day when I'm at work, there's really nothing I can do. Sure, I can run out and get the trashbags out of my glove compartment, but to me, I would rather not have to do that. And more than likely they would be wet by time I had a free moment to get out there anyway. (that's how my carpet started smelling moldy, so I replaced it with spray-on bedliner). And if it's raining when I wake up, It takes me a solid 20 minutes to get the doors and windows back on my jeep, not something I have time for or want to do before I go to work in the morning.

Maybe it's not something you would need or want for your jeep, but I think I would.
                            Last edited by daniel_buck; 09-29-11, 07:51 AM.

Comment

I very much understand your issue Daniel as Ive been a jeep owner since 1989 and only until last yr i was a jeep DD. My post wasnt put up to be sarcastic. About the best you can do are those wetsuit material seat covers as mentioned. Also u could get older tj style vinyl seats. Prob with those is they crack and tear .... Other than that you could do a cherokee leather seat mod. I dont really know what you expect after a rain. With no top your gonna get wet and even if its resistant to water, soon er later the quality of the product willl fail. If your so set on never running a top then at least cover it up with a tarp or something. These are honest constructive ideas and if you wanna post a thread asking for advice, yiu shouldnt banter back with snyde remarks . Leave that to other forums. Most people here are very nice and open to ideas. Thats why we are here. Welcome to mjr...
                              1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Working...
                              X