Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ: Jeep tj tonneau cover question.

Bought a new factory Jeep tonneau for my Heep and noticed in the instructions it says I fold my softop down and pack it underneath. It does have a little extra material in the corners to allow this. Question is are they all like this or is there a complete flat one made for people without a soft top. Cant seem to find much info on this.

I have a SmittyBuilt one that lays flat. make sure to set it out in the sun to losen up before trying to install it...
    www.inlandjeepfreeks.com

Comment

Hows the quality of the smitty? Looking @ getting one of those. Can you post a pic of the back corners by any chance?

Comment

Quality is fine, Not much to it. After it warms up and stretches a little it will fit, and fit tight. I don't have mine on now and I have a full cage where the rear bars come down where the corner has a hole for the factory sports cage can come thru, so on mine it doesn't fit that well at that point, but I don't really care. It does what it's s'posed to do, and it's a jeep, not a cadilac... So I don't have a pic to share with ya, but it's good, I dunno how anyone could improve on it.
        www.inlandjeepfreeks.com

Comment

The jeep factory one allows the factory soft top to fold up and tuck underneath and its got a little extra material there and sticks up a bit so it not 100% flush. It also it really well made and looks pretty good. Just wondering if its worth it to get one that dont work with the top as i never have it on unless I am doing a rain run or its really cold.

Comment

Beau I have a Bestop with one broken strap you can have. The front one at the roll bar.
            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

I've had the factory one and matching Safari top since 2002, all good quality. There is a very small bump in the rear to fit a soft top but I've never tried to store the top, not sure if I could wrap & fold it that small. I added a velcro strap around the seat belts to quite them and keep them from flapping in the wind.

Comment

Originally posted by Black & Tan TJ View Post
                I've had the factory one and matching Safari top since 2002, all good quality. There is a very small bump in the rear to fit a soft top but I've never tried to store the top, not sure if I could wrap & fold it that small. I added a velcro strap around the seat belts to quite them and keep them from flapping in the wind.
                Yea thats the one I have Brand new factory jeep with very small hump in the back corners.It came with instructions on how to fold the softop so it will fit. Not sure if I want it or a flat one though. They retail for like $150 might sell it for the $50 I gave for it and get a flat one.

Comment

Keep the one you have. With the rise in the back, it'll work like a spoiler. Thats more rear downforce, just what every Jeep needs. LOL.
                  It was like that when I got here.

Comment

LOL might need it after removing the heavy combo bumper spare tire carrier. Put a currie bumper in its place. Actually it only pops up in the corners right behind the roll bar the center is flat.Heres some pic

I can invert them also.

Should just take it to a canvas shop and have it resewnto tighten it up.

Comment

Working...
                    X