Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JK: Desert Snake Dual Jerry Can carrier.

Well Let me start of by saying this thing is sick and fit what I needed perfect.
    The install is very simple and only requires simple hand tools. I carry my spare in the jeep so having a secure way to carry fuel and water was high on the list.

First your going to want to remove your factory tire and carrier. Mine has been gone for years so I just had to cut a few zip ties LOL

Next you need to remove the pressure vent. As you can see mine was missing alot of the flappy doohickeys. A little downward pressure on the top and it will pop right out.

Make sure since you have it off that you clean all the dust out.

Next I put the included weather striping on the carrier. (You could put it on your tailgate if youd like either way will be just fine.)

Now comes the easy part line up the holes and use the factory hardware to install the carrier.
    You will also need to install your plate to the hold down bracket.

Thats it your done. Its that simple. The carrier co,es with 2 tabs if youd like to mount your cb antenna to the carrier as well.

Here is a side shot so you can see how far it hangs off the back of the jeep.

[COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Here are some more photos with the Blitz cans and hitch pin lock installed

Comment

That is awesome. TJ version?
      It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Let me get this right. It mounts to the tailgate, and removing the air vent is for clearance or to give the jack a pocket to push into?
        Come to the dark side.....
        We have Cookies!

Comment

Originally posted by Zoobi View Post
          Let me get this right. It mounts to the tailgate, and removing the air vent is for clearance or to give the jack a pocket to push into?
          Yes it mounts to the tailgate. The vent is removed so the plate will fit up snug to the tailgate...

Comment

sound like a lot of weight on the tailgate. good luck with it. looks cool though.

Comment

Originally posted by bails85 View Post
              sound like a lot of weight on the tailgate. good luck with it. looks cool though.
              It ends up weighing 10 lbs less than a 35 inch tire hanging of the tailgate.

Comment

Looks good.

Comment

That looks good. A bit off-topic but I always wondered...do you work in City of Industry because I swear I see your Jeep on Gale and Azusa every damn day lol

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Working...
                  X