Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailmods Flare install

Ok so Im switching form Xenon flares to Trailmods removable flares.....

The install was super simple and required minimal tools.

Here is what the contents of the box look like

Here are some before shots to show to show the tire coverage with the Xenons...

Now your gonna want to remove your factory flares. Im my case Remove the Xenons.

[COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

I started with the rear installation. Being that I had the Xenons already the Jeep had nutzerts in all the mounting holes. So instead of drilling them out I decided to replace the plastic clips that come on the Trailmods flares and use 1/4 bolts on all the holes. This was a logical solution because 1/3 of the clips were damaged during shipping.

If you used the supplied hardware you will have to install 3 nutserts per side and they DO NOT require drilling of your Jeep and are aluminum so the crush rater easily.

Here is a photo of the rear with the outer flare installed.

The Front you is just as easy. You install the provided bracket using factory hardware. This requires cutting some of the factory fender support off but if needed it could be done with a hack saw. I chose the easier less labor intensive method.

The front also goes on with the plastic clips and 4 bolts IIRC. So installation took a matter of seconds.

And you continue with the same steps for the other side.

Yes it is that simple.......

Comment

Ok so now the good and the not so good........

I really like the idea of these and hopefully ill use them for the intended purpose. But im pretty sure ill be running around with just the inner fenders 99% of the time. I would like to see Trailmods make a narrower version for street use. I had a few issues with fasteners that were damaged during shipping but extras were included in the package of hardware. So that wasn't a huge issue. There are a few fitment issues that im going to let trailmods know about because to me would be a deciding factor on future purchases.

On a great not FINALLY somebody gets it and included 100% COLOR instructions not that the install was complicated but its nice to see what the manufacturer wants you to see.

Here are some of the minor fitment issues.

Driver side front:

Driver side rear:

Pass side front:

Comment

Here are some final shots.

Front view with driverside outer flare removed

Rear view with driverside outer flare removed

Comment

Cool idea, but I think they are to wide. I liked the Xenon ones.

I have them on my TJ and I wnt with the 4" ones and love how they look with the tire being wider.

What did those run?

Comment

Originally posted by smashcoast View Post

I have them on my TJ and I wnt with the 4" ones and love how they look with the tire being wider.

What did those run?
            I'll answer that for Scott.

25 dollars: http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...l=1#post190708

:thumbs_up
            If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by smashcoast View Post

What did those run?

I won them in a Facebook contest. I think they retail for around 800

Comment

Working...
              X