Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JK: Trucklite LED Headlights

Well got home form KOH to be greeted but a set of Trucklite LED Headlights.
    Youll have to wait for night pics because im taking it easy tonight and hanging out with the wifey after 3 days at KOH.

Nice integrated heatsink

Next I had to remove the grill. (you can swap the lights if you want with the grill in)

I have the goofy fastners so a sheet rock screw makes easy work of removing the grill fastners

Remove the 4 screws that hold the headlight bucket in.

Low beams

High beams

[COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Scott, what is difference in illumination? Like 40% more with new lights? At this rate, I aint gonna recogonize ur rig with all the updates since first or year!!

Comment

I havent taken it out in the dark yet. I was super tired after 3 days at KOH i threw them in and went inside for some cold beers

Comment

Has the price come down on those units?
        06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
        07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

Slightly, I am working on being a dealer for Trucklite so I should be able to get you guys a good price.

Comment

What are you doing with your OEM ones? Wondering if the JKs would be better than the TJ ones.
            [COLOR="Blue"]If you don't have the time to do it right, what makes you think you'll have the time to do it twice?[/COLOR]

Comment

The original ones are jsut sitting here at the shop the bulb is an H13 your more than welcome to give them a shot but they really arent worth the plastic they are made of. the reflector design is horrible

Comment

Originally posted by dr.dirty View Post
                The original ones are jsut sitting here at the shop the bulb is an H13 your more than welcome to give them a shot but they really arent worth the plastic they are made of. the reflector design is horrible
                Thanks for the honest opinion. I didn't know how bad the OEM TJ lights sucked until I moved here, they are barely adequate at night and forget about lighting up enough to anticipate deer. I like the idea of LEDs but I am not sure they would get hot enough to melt snow and ice off the lens. Looking good though.
                [COLOR="Blue"]If you don't have the time to do it right, what makes you think you'll have the time to do it twice?[/COLOR]

Comment

The LED s do generate some heat, Im not sure if its enought to melt snow. We dont get alot of that here lol. I know doing some snow runs the stock JK lights wouldnt melt the snow of the lens either

Comment

Hhhmmm, interesting. Let us know your opinions on night driving on non-lit highways or side roads. Might be picking up a pair if they rock.

Comment

Slightly, I am working on being a dealer for Trucklite so I should be able to get you guys a good price.
                      Look's like they have some that will fit the YJ. Let me know when you become a dealer Scott.

Comment

Youll have to wait for night pics because im taking it easy tonight and hanging out with the wifey after 3 days at KOH.
                        That post was 14 days ago, that's a lot of hanging out. Any night pics and opinions on night driving on non-lit highways or side roads?

Comment

Here is a youtube video of the 7" round led.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4-kbu5TCTo

I assume these 5x7 are for HID not LED?
                          http://www.truck-lite.com/webapp/wcs...2507&langId=-1

Comment

Working...
                          X