Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ: Clear Plastic windows

Ok, anyone found anything that works well on the plastic windows of a soft top? Anything that gets the scratches out?
    BobO
    "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
    (Charles Wells)

Try pledge or endust. doesnt take scratches out but helps hides them.

Comment

Ok....another Jeep forums' guys claim that Plexus does the best job. But still does not address if anything can be done about scratches. Or scuffing, if you lay down the windows in the back of the jeep and go riding around, they get scuffed by what they are rubbing against.

BobO
      "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
      (Charles Wells)

Comment

4WD Hardware has a Novus Plastic Polish Kit for $17.99. Includes 8 oz. Clean n Shine, 8 oz. Fine Scratch Remover, X oz. Heavy Scratch Remover and 2 wipes.

Comment

So Bob, are you trying to win some shows, sell your Jeep, or what? Scratches are the proof of wheeling!

Well that's what I'm told. I don't have any scratches on MY Jeep :wink:
          [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
          Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
          [/COLOR]

Comment

I've tried everything to get rid of scratches for 15 years. Nothing really works. I just use water, only, to clean them, no soap. I try not to even get soap on them when I do actually wash my jeep.

If I'm gonna unzip the windows and put them in the back, when i'm wheel'n. I carry a couple big beach towels and wrap the windows in them. It keeps them from get'n scuffed up.
            It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
              So Bob, are you trying to win some shows, sell your Jeep, or what? Scratches are the proof of wheeling!

Going to KOH, and if I can't run with them, I'll look better than them.:drool:
              (Charles Wells)

Comment

Mother's plastic polish. Don't smear it on and let it haze like the destructions say. Apply with a microfiber cloth and keep rubbing until it gets clear. It takes a lot of elbow grease, but it works wonders. Mine sat uncovered for four years and came out as clear as new.
                God forgives, rocks don't
                -sons of thunder

Comment

Originally posted by 6spdYJ View Post
                  Mother's plastic polish. Don't smear it on and let it haze like the destructions say. Apply with a microfiber cloth and keep rubbing until it gets clear. It takes a lot of elbow grease, but it works wonders. Mine sat uncovered for four years and came out as clear as new.
                  Ok...off the store to find Mother's plastic polish. Are you saying it will work on scratches too?
                  ok, if it doesn't work... I am coming to look for you... and I dont what base you are hiding at, I will find you.
                  (Charles Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post

Actually, now that I am mostly retired, I have more time that money.... so I stare at the jeep and say....what can I do now? oh, I can only go jeepn once a month...
                    (Charles Wells)

Comment

i use the mopar soft top plastic window cleaner that the dealer sells and it works great..... i've since gone to tinted soft top windows and they tend to hide scratches a lot better.
                      1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Working...
                      X