Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 37's with no lift

Just got some pics of my jeep with metalcloak fenders and flares running 37's with no lift. Let me know what you think.

2005 TJ SE 2.4L 6 Speed
    37X12.50X17 on Stock JK Wheels
    Dana 60 Rear 44 Front
    Metalcloak Arched Front Fenders and Flares

wwww.polarbearunlimited.com

I like the Metalcloak stuff. Looks real nice. I'm betting you'll spend a lot of time rubbing those fenders raw though. Did you loose any turn radius with the 37's? I'm guessing they hit the control arms at full lock.
    Have fun breaking that baby in!
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I have enxtended bump stops its at about 1" before they touch I barely rub on the driver side against the one of the gear box bolts.
      2005 TJ SE 2.4L 6 Speed
      Dana 60 Rear 44 Front

Comment

I think that dana 30 & 35 wont last long with 37's lol. I like the fenders though.

Comment

I have a Dana 60 in the rear, and the dana 30 is being replaced with a dana 44 in the next week or to when ever it comes in. Thanks on Fenders
          Last edited by polarcon; 01-19-11, 04:01 PM.
          2005 TJ SE 2.4L 6 Speed
          Dana 60 Rear 44 Front

Comment

Originally posted by polarcon View Post
            I have a Dana 60 in the rear, and the dana 30 is being replaced with a dana 44 in the next week or to when ever it comes in. Thanks on Fenders
            I'd bet that D30 may last longer than you think. I beat the Hell out of mine with 35's and locker for 4 years at JV and have turned it over to Mike who is now beating the Hell out if it in his jeep on 35s. Pretty tough axle if done right. But I would feel lots better with a 60/44, or even better two 609s...
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Lookin Good!
              I'll keep my money, guns and freedom...you can keep the "Change".

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                I'd bet that D30 may last longer than you think. I beat the Hell out of mine with 35's and locker for 4 years at JV and have turned it over to Mike who is now beating the Hell out if it in his jeep on 35s. Pretty tough axle if done right. But I would feel lots better with a 60/44, or even better two 609s...
                I could see that my only things they don't make
                5.13's for it
                2005 TJ SE 2.4L 6 Speed
                Dana 60 Rear 44 Front

Comment

Originally posted by platnumb4x View Post
                  Lookin Good!
                  Thank You
                  2005 TJ SE 2.4L 6 Speed
                  Dana 60 Rear 44 Front

Comment

I like the low center of gravity. 37's and no lift is awesome.

How is the flex on the stock suspension? Are you planning on do'n anything to improve your flex? Can you go long arm w/no lift? Or just better control arms, enough?

Looks great.
                    It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tumbleweed13 View Post
                      I like the low center of gravity. 37's and no lift is awesome.

How is the flex on the stock suspension? Are you planning on do'n anything to improve your flex? Can you go long arm w/no lift? Or just better control arms, enough?

Looks great.
                      only thing stock under there are the springs I run RE control arms all the way around, Front Pro comp shocks for a 4" Lift, and rear RE shocks for a 3 1/2" Lift. So far this set up works great I will see when I do John Bull in the Spring
                      2005 TJ SE 2.4L 6 Speed
                      Dana 60 Rear 44 Front

Comment

I see your running the stock wheels and assume your using wheel spacers to get the backspace you needed... if so, How are those working out? What size spacer did you use? Are you having any issues?

I'm getting ready to lift the wife's 4 door JK, 4 inches and I plan to keep the stock wheels and run 35's on them. Any advise would help!

Nice Jeep BTW! Those fenders are rockin!

Scott
                        "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Originally posted by avjeepfreek View Post
                          I see your running the stock wheels and assume your using wheel spacers to get the backspace you needed... if so, How are those working out? What size spacer did you use? Are you having any issues?

I'm getting ready to lift the wife's 4 door JK, 4 inches and I plan to keep the stock wheels and run 35's on them. Any advise would help!

Nice Jeep BTW! Those fenders are rockin!

Scott
                          These are jk wheels that I have two sets up for the extra width. There ok worries cuase of the 2 sets tho. with a 4" lift about a 1.5" to 2" spacer would be good.
                          2005 TJ SE 2.4L 6 Speed
                          Dana 60 Rear 44 Front

Comment

So far this set up works great I will see when I do John Bull in the Spring
                            John Bull??? Don't you mean the Hammers??? John Bull on 37's, why not just cruise the mall parking lot and drive over the wheel stop things for the same effect
                            That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

These are jk wheels that I have two sets up for the extra width. There ok worries cuase of the 2 sets tho. with a 4" lift about a 1.5" to 2" spacer would be good.
                              Ok, thanks for the info! She has the same wheels and I had ordered a set of 1.5" spacers already..... Just wanted to make sure that was going to be good enough!

Scott
                              "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Working...
                              X