X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JK: PSC BFH Front Bumper

Well I got My BFH today......

It only takes a few minutes to do the install

I have not finished the install because i need to get the bumper to powdercoat....

The installation is very straight forward

Here is a shot of the bumper

Heres the Naked Jeep

You need to cut off the Crash bar and 2 inches of the frame rails. I found a 4.5 grinder with a cut off wheel makes very short work of this.

Once you get it all cut off hit it with a flap disk and rattle can it and your ready to go

Here are a few shots of the test fit

[COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Ill button up the wiring and stuff next week after i get the bumper back from powdercoat

Comment

I have really been looking at this. I like the lines, and the cost is right up my alley. Only concern I have is having to cut the frame rails. Are there any downsides to doing that? Do I lose airbag sensors or anything?

Comment

No sensors are lost or removed. Im not sure if it would affect airbag deployment or not. this is the 5th bumper i have had on my jeep and i think ill stay with this one for a while.... The only thing that i can no longer use is my factory fog lights

Comment

Fresh from powdercoating

Comment

Man that looks awesome! I really do like those bumpers. I just have to convince myself that cutting hunks of metal off the jeep is ok to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Striker3 View Post
              Man that looks awesome! I really do like those bumpers. I just have to convince myself that cutting hunks of metal off the jeep is ok to do.
              Bring her buy and ill do the cutting LOL you wont feel a thing

Comment

I was noticing that the remaining portion of the frame that the bumper is mounted to is not square tubing. Is that a crumple zone? When the bumper gets slammed into a big enough rock. is the frame go'n to "crumple"?
                It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tumbleweed13 View Post
                  I was noticing that the remaining portion of the frame that the bumper is mounted to is not square tubing. Is that a crumple zone? When the bumper gets slammed into a big enough rock. is the frame go'n to "crumple"?
                  I doubt it, but i guess its possible. Unfortunately the way the JKs are designed any aftermarket bumper you run gets installed before the crumple zone. I have hit some stuff pretty hard and so far been lucky

Comment

Looks really nice with the winch on it!
                    Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                    Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                    HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Originally posted by Tumbleweed13 View Post
                      I had a Honda Accord stop in front of me on the freeway, braked hard, but still rear ended it going 10-15mph.(That speed from the CHP based on my airbags not deploying) Their trunk crumpled on impact up against the back seat, my stock bumper just had the plastic dented. I think our crumple zones are a little more stout than other vehicles.

Last edited by Striker3; 11-10-10, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Nice work Scott. I like it.
                        Check out .

Comment

Working...
                        X