Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ gas tank skid

I just got a Sun Performance gas tank skid (dirt cheap), new in box. I was looking over the very basic instructions. What I can't figure out, is; Does this skid plate mount on top of my existing, factory tank guard, so they work in conjunction with each other? Or, do I remove the oem part? If anyone is using this product please help.

Thanks Joe :homer:
    It was like that when I got here.

I don't have one, but I'm pretty sure you mount it over the stock skid.
    Last edited by JeepGal; 06-10-10, 04:10 PM.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I put it on today, finally. It's an easy install, took less then an hour. Since it goes over the existing skid, the tank is now doubley (is that a word?) protected. Looking fwd to see how it stands up to the rock, and how it's gonna effect clearance. I lost about half an inch.

Comment

HiJack alert!!! :hijack:

Does this hold the same for an EMP tank skid? I bought it used but don't know if you need to remove the OE skid also. Thanks.
        My Jeep cost's me more than my wife...

Comment

The EMP skid replaces the factory skid.
          "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

That is a good thing, tank skid drags on just about everything as it is, you do not want to lower it just makes matters worse

Comment

Yeah, any protection is better then nothing. I used to have a YJ that was empty at an 1/8th of a tank, cuz of damage. Nothing makes a day of wheel'n better then confidence in your equipment. Piece of mind always make the day better.

Comment

Working...
              X