Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• next on the list

maybe this Sunday I plan on taking the seats out and gutting the TJ I plan on doing a DIY bedliner inside . Anything to be aware of? (I.E: wiring to watch out for/ rewire, etc.)

what material do you plan on using? was thinking of doing the same, not sure what coating to use.
    Rich.
    But can we SURVIVE 2 more years?

Comment

Probably Duplicolor Spray on.
      I used Herculiner on the interior of my old K10, and I've used Duplicolor Spray on the rear bumper of my Ram. I'd say the Duplicolor was definitely easier to use and a nicer finish. The Herculiner you have to buy an additional $70 in chemicals for prep, and it seemed real soft. I didn't do any prep with the Duplicolor and it's held up nicely. There's also a brand called Al's it seems a bit overpriced for a DIY kit but has good reviews on other forums.

Comment

picked up at your local hardware store? is it a paint or something heavier?
        cost?
        Rich.:gun:

Comment

You can get the Duplicolor and Herculiner at Kragen or cheaper at Walmart.Al's can only be purchased online. The Duplicolor is a spray can truck bed coating. You can do as many coats as neede to build the desired texture. They also have a roll on kit like Herculiner as well but I figure for easy application I'd use the spray. Al's is a professional style spray, you need to buy a specific gun and have a pretty heavy duty compressor.

Comment

Thanks S&T Wally world it is then.

Comment

No problem,let me know what you go with and how it turns out.

Comment

Check out raptorliner, its uses a hardening agent so it cures quiclkly. http://www.tcpglobal.com/detailsupplydepot/dsd18.aspx

Dont forget that prep is 9/10ths of the work. I sanded and used an etcher and have had pretty good results. As for a compressor, anything larger than a nailgun compressor should do it. No need for anything fancy.
                An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

can u use a sprayer on the herculiner? or the duplicolor? im going to do the entire bottom of my xj. had some cancer i just repaired. it was a BITCH. i dont want to deal with rust again.

Comment

Ray, you have RUST between your ears!!!! LMAO:hide:

Comment

Originally posted by bails85 View Post
                      can u use a sprayer on the herculiner? or the duplicolor? im going to do the entire bottom of my xj. had some cancer i just repaired. it was a BITCH. i dont want to deal with rust again.
                      You can buy the Duplicolor in a rattle can but as far as being t able to spray the gallon kind of that or the Herculiner:dunno: Maybe the Duplicolor but i doubt the Herculiner. Check out that Al's liner or what 2blk2drs mentioned if you want to spray

Comment

I have the gun somewhere if you want to try to shoot herc. Check into the raptorliner though. It usese a solvent to cure, which is prefferable to a moisture cure type. I mean what would you use on your jeep: JB weld (epoxy) or elmers glue (evaporative cure)
                        An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by 4rheel View Post
                          Ray, you have RUST between your ears!!!! LMAO:hide:
                          Ray must have missed this one...lol! And Rich it's wet, not rust. Rust is for old guys :hide:

Comment

I used the duplicolor except i bought it in a gallon size and a spray gun from grainger for about $150 total. it comes out much smoother than herculiner. i've had it on almost a year and its holding up real well. i bought a spray can of duplicolor for touch up.

Comment

Got pics? I didn't end up doing this yet, I was offrading all weekend

Comment

Working...
                              X