Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JK: BenchMark Dual battery Kit install

Im super excited about having the kit installed and ready to go. Installation was easy and we hit a few snags but over all Id say that someone with very little mechanical knowledge should feel confident in their ability to install this kit.

I am running Odyssey Batteries PC1500DT I think these will be up to all the challanges im going to put them thru (Dual winch setup is in the near future) :thefinger:

We had to use a few more tools than required but nothing major that most people dont already have in the tool box already.:smokin:

Really the only thing that was a huge pain in the butt was the evap purge valve.

Benchmarks instructions are very well written and easy to folow thanks John.:beer::beer::beer:

here is a lay out of the parts.

Here is what we started with

This is the tool list required

Here is a picture f the tools actually used

[COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Battery removed and taking the fuse box out

Making room to get the factory battery tray out

Trimming the insulation so the new battery tray can sit flush against the fire wall

Here is a shot of the new tray in place and it slides right in

Comment

Installing the support bracket was were i hit my first snag but it wasnt a show stopper. the threaded insert was stripped out because i was trying to put a standard bolt in a netric thread. So i took a hammer and punch and knocked the insert out and used a nut and bolt combo

My fuse box bracket did not line up with the holes so i had to enlarge them so the bolys would go in

Next it was time to put the batteries they were a tight fit but they look great

Now is the fun part hooking everything back up

here is a shot of the wire harness you need to tap into using the included TEE Tap

Comment

The factory terminals need to be drilled out to accomodate the new terminals.

Finding a place to put the evap purge was a pain in the butt so i ziptied it to the fusebox for now ill build a braket for it at a later date

Here it is all installed and wired up

Comment

Looks great, pics look awsome!

Comment

Hell, I should have just bought a JK. Nice work. My welder will hook up just fine now.
            Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
              Hell, I should have just bought a JK. Nice work. My welder will hook up just fine now.
              I did it just for you chuck

hopefully someday ill have a ready welder

Comment

Originally posted by mywifesjeep View Post
                Looks great, pics look awsome!
                Thanks mike now we need to make a kit for you TJ

Comment

That kit is on my list of things to do some day. Nice installation documentation.
                  Rich

Comment

Working...
                  X