Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeep yj soft top question

does anyone know where i can get the little piece that goes across the back door to fasten the back soft top window? or do you know if it has a specific name?
    i have otherwise perfect hardware except for this one piece that is missing!!!

been driving with the top off until now...thats how i found out!!!
    It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

Are you talking about the piece that bolts to the tailgate, or the piece that slides into the rear window? Factory top or Bestop?

BTW, the technical term for those parts is "little piece that goes across the back door to fasten the window (upper)" and ""little piece that goes across the back door to fasten the window (lower)"
    Jeff
    OHV76V
    KG6TY
    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Moris has them for $57

But I will look in my Garage tonight. I might have one. I think I have a full set of tinted windows in OK condition. Any intrest in these?
      Those left standing
      Will make millions
      Writing books on ways
      It should have been
      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

If that's the piece that Brittany needs - I might have a spare laying around. I replaced the top a few years back, came with all new hardware - and I probably saved it. I'll look when I get home.
        Jeff
        OHV76V
        KG6TY

Comment

I'll respond for her, but yes thats the part. She got a new top today and while I was putting it on I realized that it was gone. How much would you guys want for it if you have them?
          We tried to make the world idiot proof. Now we just have a world full of idiots.

Comment

I looked in the garage - I have an extra. Free!
            Jeff
            OHV76V
            KG6TY

Comment

I just put on a hard top and I don't think Ill ever go back. You are welcome to my tinted windows too if you have a use for them.
              Those left standing
              Will make millions
              Writing books on ways
              It should have been
              -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart View Post
                I looked in the garage - I have an extra. Free!
                You're a life saver! Where are you located?
                We tried to make the world idiot proof. Now we just have a world full of idiots.

Comment

what he said ^^
                  It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ Jake View Post
                    You're a life saver! Where are you located?
                    Live in Lakewood, work for LAX
                    Jeff
                    OHV76V
                    KG6TY

Comment

I think I'll take you up on that offer!! Whenver u are not busy I'll grab it from you!

Comment

Just let me know whether you want to try and pick it up from home or work - the "not busy" is different for them
                        Jeff
                        OHV76V
                        KG6TY

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart View Post
                          Just let me know whether you want to try and pick it up from home or work - the "not busy" is different for them
                          Okay, how about this weekend? And I see you are a adopt a trail coordinator ? I would like to help! How would I get into something like that?

Comment

As far as Adopt-a-Trail, MJR is by far one of our better clubs (and of the clubs that I manage - easily the BEST)

PM me some contact info - Tehachapi is quite a hike from Lakewood, but I should be around late Saturday
                            Jeff
                            OHV76V
                            KG6TY

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
                              I just put on a hard top and I don't think Ill ever go back. You are welcome to my tinted windows too if you have a use for them.
                              Scott,

Would this be in with the scrap leftover from your soft top?
                              An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X