Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XJ Ragtop install.

This Saturday Sean and I will be cutting a sky light in his XJ. Should be fun. Anyone who wants to supervise/help is welcome to stop by. PM me for the address. Sean is buying the beer so come on down!

Those left standing
    Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

you aught to talk to the guy whos pic this is, he is cutting the roof off of his xj i believe, or is that where you guys are gettin the ragtop from?? hope the one your installin in has a cage or is gonna get one...

Comment

Yeah i am getting the cage from him as soon as he cuts it out. Fiure it will be fine for a bit untill the cage gets in, i just wont wheel it. And the skylight will make the cage installation much simpler.
      An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

I will definatly need help putting the cage back together in a few weeks though. Any MJR members know this kinda stuff?
        An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Ok so prep day today. Stripped the headliner out. Getting pretty good at it by now. By the way if another member has a <96 headliner, that is bad let me know. I just recovered this board about a year ago, its still pretty new.

One man Roof Rack Removal:

a little overkill? oh well more pictures to come as weekend unfolds

Comment

I got to get me one of those remover tools,I like this one on tracks.
            Dennis and Tammy
            Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Is that the tire of your boss's TJ in the pic? I know that's not scott's Jeep... You need pictures in the TJ thread...

EDIT: Got to that thread... apparently it is your boss's TJ and you did post pics!
              Last edited by Materdaddy; 09-04-09, 04:03 PM. Reason: saw other thread!
              If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

hey now Matt, no tj talk in the xj thread>>>>LOL, pm me when your gonna do it and i might be able to lend a hand..are you gonna fit the 4 door cage in your 2 door?

Comment

We are going to do it tomorrow in Oceanside if you want to come down. We are not doing the cage tomorrow. It still needs to be but out of the POs XJ. Although it is coming out of a 4-door the cage is actually made for a 2 door. Which means in the 4 door the b pillar was 1/3 of the way into the rear door. It is going to work well but he is keeping the front section around the windshield so well need to come up with something.
                  Those left standing
                  Will make millions
                  Writing books on ways
                  It should have been
                  -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by xjkevin View Post
                    hey now Matt, no tj talk in the xj thread>>>>LOL, pm me when your gonna do it and i might be able to lend a hand..are you gonna fit the 4 door cage in your 2 door?
                    there are pics in the tj thread, refresh your page. I thought you were the computer guy too matt.

Kevin, thanks man. ill let you know. Right now i need to figure out the a pillar's. Any ideas?

Comment

ok so some pics:

the lineup:

Comment

needed to air down so there was room to work without hitting the ceiling:

my 33's measure out to 27"

Start taping off the work area:

Comment

Mrs Ragtop USA~

[COLOR="Magenta"]Its all finished. Ill let sean post them up. Except this one. I think sean may skip this one so Ill post it.[/COLOR]
                          Those left standing
                          Will make millions
                          Writing books on ways
                          It should have been
                          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

getting it all layed out:

was supposed to cut on the INSIDE of the line! Goodbye cruel world!:

Nice 'n' easy:

Ill need a volunteer from the audience:

test fit:

Comment

another flat tire shot:

gettin my grind on:

test fit (again, there was a lot of this):

marking holes:

a little paint:

prep the frame while waiting for the paint:

Comment

Working...
                              X