Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YJ: Door alignment?

I test fitted my full doors before I try and paint them. And they dont quite fit. They are off a 95 yj and I am putting them on my 92 yj. Is there and adjustment for these? If so is it on the door or the Jeep. The interior of my jeep had been lineX-ed so I cant tell if there is an adjustment. I think I would rather have an adjustment on the doors so I wouldn't have to adjust the hinges every time I change the doors. Also the bottom picture shows that the lower hinge pin does not go all the way down into the hinge. Is this a problem? Here are the pics...

Those left standing
    Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

Loosen the bolts on the hinges on the door and see how far you can move the door around

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
      Loosen the bolts on the hinges on the door and see how far you can move the door around
      X2,Think Art is right on Scott.Checked my doors on the CJ7 And there is no way you can adjust on the body that I can see.
      Dennis and Tammy
      Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Ok. I'll give that a shot. I would be much happier if it were on the door. I didn't pull the door pannel. I'll see if I can loosen it without ruining any more Torx sockets.
        Those left standing
        Will make millions
        Writing books on ways
        It should have been
        -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

heat the torx bolts a bit with a small torch or a large soldering iron just so they get hot enough for the loctite to let go

Comment

done ish..

Well I got it figured out this weekend. The adjustment was in fact on the door. The three torx bolts on the hinges were difficult to loosen. But once I broke them loose the hinges moved easily. I put a shop towel on the door cill an closed the door, then I tightened the hinge bolts. It worked like a champ. And just a tip if you are trying to do this. Make sure you give the hinges a tap once they are on the Jeep to make sure the top and bottom hinges are both seated correctly. I got a picture of the adjuster on the inside of the door. Hopefully this is useful to someone in the future.

This is the adjuster from inside the door. You can see the three torx bolts and the adjuster plate.

Finished less door paint.
            Those left standing
            Will make millions
            Writing books on ways
            It should have been
            -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Told ya, car doors pretty much all adjust that way

Comment

Sweet car... but where is your Jeep? I didn't see it in my garage anymore...
                If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

i dunno, the paint on the doors looks to be in better shape than the tub. Paint the tub black!
                  An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Working...
                  X