Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JK: Homemade Drag link

Well i got sick of dealling with the rockkrawler POS and having to adjust it after every run so i built my own

its made out of chromolly and FK rod ends it came out great im geeked

[COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Looks good! I like the welding, nice and clean.
    I am using flux core wire (bought a huge reel by mistake and have to use it up!) and my welds don't look as nice.

It's very satisfying to be able to do something to improve your Jeep.
    Money pit!

Comment

Scott,

Did you drill the Rittman arm and Steering arm to fit the new bolt for the heims?

Looks good! When are we going wheeling!

Gerald
      http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Comment

Originally posted by provelogear View Post
        Scott,

Did you drill the Rittman arm and Steering arm to fit the new bolt for the heims?

Looks good! When are we going wheeling!

Gerald
        the pittman arm and knuckle were already 5/8 i had to make a spacer to make up for the taper

we are going to cleghorn tomm AM i know its short notice but all are welcome

Comment

I wish I could go. I'm putting 03 back together after wrecking the steering and the 04 I'm putting gears, suspension, BL and tank skid. Don't know if I'll get it done tomorrow. I'm hoping so!

Have fun!
          http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Comment

here is the finished product

Comment

Looks good. What wire and gas did you use to weld the chromo?
              holes = cowbell

Comment

i took it to a friend how welds up trophy truck frames and he tig welded it for me

Comment

Having seen more than one steering issue with the bolts/nuts getting loose. Do you think you might want to double nut and drill the bolts for a cotter pin like the factory does. It's cheap insurance.
                  Nice work BTW!
                  Respectfully,
                  LG
                  Hav'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men....

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy Grits View Post
                    Having seen more than one steering issue with the bolts/nuts getting loose. Do you think you might want to double nut and drill the bolts for a cotter pin like the factory does. It's cheap insurance.
                    Nice work BTW!
                    Respectfully,
                    LG
                    Im going to be changing it out again and also redoing the tierod with 3/4 hiems and 1.5 in chromolly tubing and the parts that are not double sheared will also have a saftey washer and a cotter pin to hold the nut on

Comment

Working...
                    X