X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smittybilt

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.as...0&partID=42406

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.as...0&partID=42822

some neat stuff they came out with. anyone have either of these? of course you pay for what you get but the price is way more attractive than others.
    Ford Raptor 6.2l

I'd give the cargo netting a try, but it would probably fit my PS cage very poorly. I've been running some SB neoprene seat covers for about 8 months and they've held up to fading a lot better than some others I've seen on others' rigs.

Their winches are also worth a shot, seeing as they're basically assembled out of T-Max parts. Frankly, I don't think the quality control is up to the level of T-Max yet (which is why I sprung for the T-Max), but if you have a little more patience than money, they seem to be a pretty damned good deal.

As far as that particular model of winch--the one with the integral compressor--I think it's a poorly conceived idea. In software engineering there is the concept of "loose coupling" in design. Basically, that concept means that you don't want to make things more interdependent on each other than they have to be. An example, you don't see automobile manufacturers making engines with integral transmissions. Why? Keeping the two items somewhat independent allow much more flexibility, convenience, and economy in manufacturing, repairing, and updating/ upgrading both the engine and transmission.

Closely related to this the concept of "functional cohesion," which basically means that you don't tie things together unless they work together to perform the same function. An example of functional cohesion: despite the plethora of add-on options available in firearms today, and despite the fact that both can be handy for the outdoorsman, you'll never find a handgun with a built-in windproof lighter. Why? Because that would be stupid.

For the price of that there dorky abomination, you could get yerself a Smittybilt winch and a damned nice Viair compressor, and the breaking of one will never affect the other.
    holes = cowbell

Comment

I ordered the cargo netting for when we take the dogs with us. It's on backorder, I ordered it one month ago and still waiting. Nobody will give me a straight answer as to when I can expect it.:mad:
      95 YJ
      2.5L Low Output, 4.5" RE, 35" KM2's, D30 Aussie, 8.8, TeraLow 4:1, Outdoor Logic custom fab - Cage, Tube fenders, Sliders, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by sebastian22 View Post
        I ordered the cargo netting for when we take the dogs with us. It's on backorder, I ordered it one month ago and still waiting. Nobody will give me a straight answer as to when I can expect it.:mad:
        [COLOR="Sienna"]Why I like Q-tec more than 4wd parts.

Anyone know where you can order "custom" cargo netting?[/COLOR]
        [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
        Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
          [COLOR=sienna]Why I like Q-tec more than 4wd parts.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=sienna]Anyone know where you can order "custom" cargo netting?[/COLOR]

There not custom but a great selection plus it supports one of our vendors. http://www.allthingsjeep.com/jeep-storage-nets.html#top
          Check out .

Comment

I was looking at that cargo netting too . . . looks pretty cool and the price really isn't bad at all. I saw that winch . . . the price isn't bad, but when you can get their 8k winch for $300, it doesn't seem like a good deal at all.
            That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

I was at the website for the guys who make the netting Dirtman linked to and like the stuff a lot. I lost the link so thanks Dirtman for finding a vendor who sells it, I am going to net up this summer and thaat looks like the best I have seen so far
              censored for having an opinion

Comment

i lik ethe ones form raingler

www.raingler.com

[COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"]I just can't afford raingler right now...[/COLOR]
                  [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                  Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

www.dirtydog4x4.com has som good priced ones

[COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by dr.dirty View Post

that jeep has the same rubber i do. know that i can relate to them, i just have to figure out a way to mount them on the comanche. haha. i wish i had one for the YJ, it was a really pain trying to haul the dog around with no roof and doors.
                      :devil: Giffer

Comment

www.safaristraps.com

Hatch is a good guy....he will also donate 10% to the Blue Ribbon Coalition with every order...

Quoted from his website...

"Help Us Help You

We are pleased to announce our alliance with Blue Ribbon Coalition. For every purchase made through Safari Straps nationwide, 10% will be donated to Blue Ribbon Coalition. What better way to support an organization that tirelessly works to support your passion."

Not only do you get a quality product you also help keep our trails open.
                        From A Champ To A Chump In Just One Bump!

Comment

Originally posted by KINGSIZE View Post
                          www.safaristraps.com

Hatch is a good guy....he will also donate 10% to the Blue Ribbon Coalition with every order...

Quoted from his website...

"Help Us Help You

We are pleased to announce our alliance with Blue Ribbon Coalition. For every purchase made through Safari Straps nationwide, 10% will be donated to Blue Ribbon Coalition. What better way to support an organization that tirelessly works to support your passion."

Not only do you get a quality product you also help keep our trails open.
                          I'll second Robert's recommendation. Hatch is a good guy. His product got a nice review here:

http://www.jkowners.com/productrevie...raps/index.php
                          Rich

Comment

x2 on Hatch at Safari Straps. They make some good good stuff and are a real pleasure to deal with.
                            Come check out Summerfest, a place for all Jeeps June 27th! www.gotjk.com

Comment

Working...
                            X