Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fellow jeeper needs assistance

Let me give you a little back story.
    I stopped at a store when I came out this guy says nice jeep, I say thanks and groove on. I'm driving down the road and the hood blows up. Smashes the fiberglass windshield frame and busts the sh!t out of the windshield, and probably messed up my fiberglass hood. We'll see when I get home. Did the guy pull my hood catches, who knows, but I'm almost positive.
    I only opened the hood once yesterday and that was to look at the alternator. I closed it and latched it down. I know because my little boy asked me what are the things on the side of the hood. I have the metal catches, no hood latch as it's a fiberglass hood that came with the jeep when I bought it.

My question what year jeeps can I pull a windshield frame/glass?
    I have a 1979 CJ5.

Thanks
    [COLOR=black]1979 CJ5, 4" Lift, 33", TBI[/COLOR]

the window frame whould be the same 76 through 86, CJ 5, 7, & 8. A YJ frame can be used with some mods.
    1956 Willys Wagon restomod

Comment

I see you are in New Mexico and I don't know the availability of used Jeep parts in your state, but Scotty's Jeep Wrecking Yard in Fontana California will have what you need. They ship world wide. I think they are a little expensive but but have everything! Here's a link to their website: http://www.scottysjeepand4x4.com/

I hope all goes well! Let us know.
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

Working...
      X