Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what hoods are the same?

hey ya'll i need a project hood, and im wondering what hoods are the same. like do yj hoods fit a tj? orther than say hinges and latches? if not, what year tjs are the same? i have a 2000, so would like 97-03 fit on mine? any ideas? thanks

well if its a project hood make it fit. hahaha. make it out of carbon fiber. shave some of that weight off.
    :devil: Giffer

Comment

I think there were some aerodynamic changes with the tj from the yj
      Have Smackos, will travel

Comment

yea im not too worried about color or condition, just the mounting holes be the same, for the hinges and latches. see i got his big honkin hood scoop at a swap meet for 5 bucks...and i want to bolt it to this hood then rockergaurd the whole thing flat black, maybe have a big honkin hole in the hood, under it, not that it would be a working scoop...unless i re routed my intake and got a different filter..... who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by The-Hurricane View Post
          yea im not too worried about color or condition, just the mounting holes be the same, for the hinges and latches. see i got his big honkin hood scoop at a swap meet for 5 bucks...and i want to bolt it to this hood then rockergaurd the whole thing flat black, maybe have a big honkin hole in the hood, under it, not that it would be a working scoop...unless i re routed my intake and got a different filter..... who knows?
          Truthfully, theres no point in a hood scope for a stock to mildly built Jeep motor...

From what ive read, the stock air box draws in more than enough air for the 4.0 and unless you make the scope fully functional in getting the benefits of colder outside air, Its not going to do anything but get water and more crap all in your engine compartment.

Just my .02
          |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

i had planned on a grill inside the scoop of expanded diamond mesh. this is a purely looks addition to the jeep. unless i win the lottery and get that avenger super charger!

Comment

The short answer is, any hood from '97 to '06 will fit. YJ hoods do NOT fit.

YJ and CJ can interchange the entire front clip, and you can make YJ fenders work on a CJ.
              '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

if your thinking about putting some burritos in there on that grill, or maybe some sandwitches... thas awesome! I might want to look into this mod.
                :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

i was figrin more on steaks on the exhaust manifold. were classy up here in canada

Comment

i was figrin more on steaks on the exhaust manifold. were classy up here in canada
                    OK,now he is putting down our time honored tradition of exhaust manifold burritos. I figure it is a thing directly relating to Obama Envy. You know those Canadians are jealous we have him and they do not. So I have a way to cure it, We just send Obama up to them, And make due without him here. I am sure we will be at a loss (why is everyone rolling on the floor in side splitting laughter?) but we must do it for our brothers in Canada.

censored for having an opinion

Comment

burritos are ok i guess..a little to mexican for my taste but what ever floats your boat. and hey, please keep obama down theere, we have the french up here to deal with and they are bad enough

Comment

burritos are ok i guess..a little to mexican for my taste but what ever floats your boat. and hey, please keep obama down theere, we have the french up here to deal with and they are bad enough
                        haha well if you make it down here on your Cali trip, the burritos wont be the only thing, "a little to mexican for your taste." LOL
                        |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

hahahahahahahaha thats true.

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR View Post
                            OK,now he is putting down our time honored tradition of exhaust manifold burritos. I figure it is a thing directly relating to Obama Envy. You know those Canadians are jealous we have him and they do not. So I have a way to cure it, We just send Obama up to them, And make due without him here. I am sure we will be at a loss (why is everyone rolling on the floor in side splitting laughter?) but we must do it for our brothers in Canada.

:smile::wink::thumbs_up:haha:
                            ROFLMAO!!
                            SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                            MJR moderator
                            MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                            Jeep Patrol Leader
                            Reforestation Supervisor
                            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                            Eagle Scout

Comment

fine, ya k'nuck... here's to frog's legs on the manifold... :beer:
                              :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Working...
                              X