Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rampage Soft Top

Anybody know how good the quality of "RAMPAGE" soft tops are? I am in the market for a new soft top, but don't want something that is going to fall apart in a year. Should I just pay up and get a Bestop or are these Rampage tops worth looking at?

These are the images I've seen:

Last edited by Materdaddy; 09-23-08, 10:17 AM.
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

take a look at the Viking soft top.
    http://www.winchline.com/viking_soft_tops.htm
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

hmm that viking seems problimatic. how you have to stretch it over the sport bar. in the heat it sags, and the cold it is to tight to fit... doesnt seem like its very handy for you desert types, or us cold weather folks. just my 2 cents and hey since they are canadian dont they count for like 3.25 cents us? hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by The-Hurricane View Post
        hmm that viking seems problimatic. how you have to stretch it over the sport bar. in the heat it sags, and the cold it is to tight to fit... doesnt seem like its very handy for you desert types, or us cold weather folks. just my 2 cents and hey since they are canadian dont they count for like 3.25 cents us? hahaha
        Ive heard great things about that soft top.

Are you speculating, or do you have first hand knowledge of problems associated with it? The owners of Viking/Winchline are good people...I would hate to see someone take your information as fact if it werent.

Tam
        2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
        Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

viking top

i just recently purchased a viking top .i am very pleased with it.no problems so far .i would definately recommend one for sure !!!!!! a sport bar is not recommended to run with this top .if you only run the top with no windows then youre fine .as for the sag ,havent experienced it yet and for cold weather installation ,you have to work at it or just park it out in the sun and youre good to go !!!!!!!!
          Last edited by xthread; 09-23-08, 07:34 PM. Reason: add more comments

Comment

Matt, I can't speak for those but my Best Top has been trouble free and it has been abused. I do keep it clean as much as possible and I also use Teflon spray on the zippers.

Edit: By the way I have had for about two years.
            Check out .

Comment

I am on my 2nd Bestop now, and have been very very happy with each. I will buy a 3rd when the time comes. I have a good friend who loves his viking top, and it does seem to be very well made. My personal preference has always been to buy the Jeep stuff that has been tried and proven whenever possible. I have no personal experience with the other soft tops, but I agree with Chuck that the Bestop is a fine product.
              Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Thanks for all the input! I'm seeing a trend here... Viking or Bestop. I'll save a few more pennies and get something double the price of the rampage top.

Comment

IMHO, buy a nice jacket. pop out the drain plugs in da floor, don't worry about a 'top' use $$ for wheelin' & beer
                  :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
                    IMHO, buy a nice jacket. pop out the drain plugs in da floor, don't worry about a 'top' use $$ for wheelin' & beer
                    If you can talk the Mrs. into that, I'd be all for it! :thumbs_up

Drain plugs are out, but I need to buy 3 jackets... 2 adult and 1 infant!

Comment

i recovered my info from their own website, it talks about the shrinkage in cold, and sagging in heat, further down the page in their fine print. so its not my own observations from use, but the makers themselves

Comment

Well, I ended up buying Bestop. I went to MJR's newest advertiser's Morris 4x4 while on my recent trip to FL since I was in the area.

I spoke with Eric (their web manager) who gave me a quick tour of the place and sold me the soft top.

I can't speak for their shipping since I picked my order up, but here's a picture showing the amount of Bestop that is in house since they don't drop-ship (which means quicker ship times):

and here's how much comes in one order from Bestop to Morris 4x4:

They also have tons of other stuff, including MOPAR parts, tires, etc.

I... ok, not me... Chris, has a tiny bit of work to do on my cage before I put the new soft top on the Jeep.
                        Last edited by Materdaddy; 03-20-12, 11:40 AM. Reason: Updated picture links

Comment

Working...
                        X