Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gauge lights arnt working

so my gauge lights dont work on my 97 cherokee ive replaced the fuese a few times and went from the 5amp to a 15amp and it still blew. any body else ever have this problem?
    wrench, wheel, wreck, repeat.:yay: :shout:MUD MUD MUD I LOVE MUD CANT GO AROUND IT GOTA GO THROUGH IT!!

Hmmmmm Sounds like you definately have a short to ground situation. Have you recently added anything electronically ? If not check your cigarette lighter outlet for meltdown. If all appears good you may just have a bad headlamp switch. I have seen it lots of times.

Brett
    offroadwerkz.com
    (805) 642-8400 or 477-9977

Comment

is there a way to test for a bad switch besides taking out the old one and putting in a new one?
      wrench, wheel, wreck, repeat.:yay: :shout:MUD MUD MUD I LOVE MUD CANT GO AROUND IT GOTA GO THROUGH IT!!

Comment

yeah, a meter or test light... a 'dental' mirror might allow you to look behind the switch for meltdown before you remove it. it does sound like you have a bad short. you might want to just spend some time looking for the black spot where the smoke is getting let out.
        :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

another thing i noticed was when my high beams are on then my blinkers work fine. but on low beam when i signal left both of my back blinkers turn on. im thinking the high low beam switch will fix my problems. unless any one knows different

Comment

Working...
          X