Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• racing seats?

I am looking at installing some racing type seats with good four or five point harnesses. What brands have people liked/disliked. I am planing on running some bars accross the floor from roll cage to roll cage to mount them too. Any other good mounting ideas? Thanks for any help.

I'm looking at the hunsaker synkro
    Last edited by cannon; 02-29-08, 08:37 AM. Reason: more info
    '79 cj7, SOA. shackle reverse, custom cage, flow master, holly carb, 35" maxxis tires, custom bumpers and rockers, dana 44's locked, bead locks

i have beard and like them, also have had sprco, they were awesome. in my opinion i would go with a spring seat with lots of ventilation. for the long long trips.

i want this jeep

Comment

I would go either, Beard, Corbeau, or MasterCraft. As for bealts i would go for the Camlock 5 point made by RJS for Hunsaker. These ones: http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

Just make sure you follow the proper mounting instructions for the harnesses cause if you dont they can compressor your spine and do more harm then good.
      |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking View Post
        I would go either, Beard, Corbeau, or MasterCraft. As for bealts i would go for the Camlock 5 point made by RJS for Hunsaker. These ones: http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

Just make sure you follow the proper mounting instructions for the harnesses cause if you dont they can compressor your spine and do more harm then good.
        Is there usually a good way to mount them so the back seat is still usable. I need to have the room for the kids in the back. Not that I will put the harnesses to work while the kids are along, but I don't want to have to take them out whenever the kids are in the jeep.
        '79 cj7, SOA. shackle reverse, custom cage, flow master, holly carb, 35" maxxis tires, custom bumpers and rockers, dana 44's locked, bead locks

Comment

if got ractive ones to go into my jeep, ive seen some guys have a bar across from the rollcage on each side behind the doors, im buiilding brackets to atatch mine to the rollcage infront of the soundbar that way i wont have to sacrifice legroom///passengers. also to move my seat forwards or to tilt it, all i have to do is pull the belts through the holes. and if i want to recline it fully i can, i dont have to worry about the bar accros at knee height. hope that helps!

Comment

I run the Corbeau Moabs and love them. I also added the 4 point belts that are retractable. I mounted the retractors at a 45deg. angle to the top of the wheelwell. (need the back seat for the kids and the cross bar just wasn't going to work) I can post some pic's if ya want to see them.
            An armed society is a polite society. Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Originally posted by VVjeepfreak View Post
              I run the Corbeau Moabs and love them. I also added the 4 point belts that are retractable. I mounted the retractors at a 45deg. angle to the top of the wheelwell. (need the back seat for the kids and the cross bar just wasn't going to work) I can post some pic's if ya want to see them.
              um ya pics are a must it makes it all better. i also need to keep the rear seat, so the belts sound like a good option.

i want this jeep

Comment

Lets see those pics. I need to mount those belts so the back seat isn't affected. I built my cage so adding on it is not a problem. I've been hoping that there is a good way to attach it above.

Comment

Sorry guys been working till its dark and haven't got the pic's yet. Im off monday so I will get them up then.
                  Last edited by VVjeepfreak; 03-02-08, 08:32 PM. Reason: Still cant spell
                  An armed society is a polite society. Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

I dunno if you want to spend the money or make them yerself, but Rockhard makes a set of bars for the 5 points that goes from the verticle rollbar to the top horiz. bar, and its a bolt in affair and it leaves good acess to the back of the jeep. check the website and fab them yerself if you want..
                    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

I run and am very happy with my PRP daily driver seats and Crow Enterpizes harnesses.

Comment

Mastercraft are the dog's bollocks!!

"your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

I just bought these http://www.hunsakersports.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=228 Got a good deal I think the total will be $280 for the set with mounting Still trying to figure out how mount the belts. Let see some pics of how other did it ans left room for kids in the back.

Comment

Originally posted by aston View Post
                            Mastercraft are the dog's bollocks!!

man i love that jeep.

i want this jeep

Comment

Originally posted by 92yj View Post
                              man i love that jeep.
                              I was thinking the same thing!

Comment

Working...
                              X