Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To mount, or not to mount..Viair 400 P

Just bought the Viair 400P comp. kit. Question; Do you find it more handy mounted to your Jeep? or stored in the bag ready to go? No tank, just the comp. and hose.
    :cactus::cactus:+:beer:=:poop:...:hide:

I have a lil compressor in a box, and I break that thing out... its a pain. I think it would be best to mount it, but if you mount it, put in a fused and switched power lead to the battery and run air lines to both sides of the jeep so you can just plug in yer quick connect hose and air up both sides easy... sound like a pain? that's why I got mine in a box still... but I am going to mount it soon... very soon...
    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

I mounted my Harbor Freight compressor under the hood on top of the passenger side fender well where the old bottle jack was mounted. It is an easy to get to location, rides secure, and I can reach all 4 tires. One less thing in the back of the Jeep!

Comment

Here is a better picture. Just a little bit cleaner too.

Comment

I like where you've got yours mounted Mitch. I also like Kodiak's idea of 2 air points....Maybe one in front, and one in back, centered. Would have to watch out for that hot tail pipe,though.....

Comment

i mounted mine works great i have a tank 2 viair compressors , hey mitch i like the louvers on your hood , where did u get them
            do they keep your engine compartment any cooler
            :gun:im a outlaw baby:gun:

Comment

Ray,

The louvers are from "Genright" and they have a couple of different shapes and sizes. The engine compartment stays cooler but I'm not sure about the engine temp till summer gets here.

Comment

Mount that bad boy!! I mounted mine similar to how Mitch did his and I swapped out the quick connect so I could use my CO2 hose on the compressor.
                Check out .

Comment

Ok, I have a few Questions? I have that same compressor would love to mount mine too, Did you hook it straight to the battery or thru a relay? Have you had any problems with it getting wet or real muddy or dirty?
                  "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

I went ahead and mounted mine to the drivers side fender, just behind the washer fluid tank. Used the thin diamond plate tray it comes on as the base. No relay, just ran mine straight to the batt.(Inline fuse), so far works great, fast comp.I keep a small sandwich bag over the filter untill I use it,(Great 88 sugg.)

Comment

Cool! Thanks for the input! I know that having it hard mounted is way better than having to dig it out of the back of my Jeep everytime I need to use it!

My cold air intake is on the driver side and theres not much room over on that side. So, I took off the old scissor jack and mount today and I'll probly mount it there.
                      (like Great88's) I really like that set up!

Comment

Damn I like that too. Looks like another project Scott!!!!
                        An armed society is a polite society. Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

You got it Bro! Let's get'er done!

Comment

Originally posted by avjeepfreek View Post
                            Ok, I have a few Questions? I have that same compressor would love to mount mine too, Did you hook it straight to the battery or thru a relay? Have you had any problems with it getting wet or real muddy or dirty?
                            A relay would only need to be used if you're turning it on from a remote switch, like mounting something in your cab. If you're still going to go under the hood and use the built-in switch on the compressor then you only need to fuse it. Always put the fuse as close to the battery as possible. :thumbs_up
                            If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Thank's Mater! I went to the steel yard today and got all the material need to install it (Cost me a whole $6.00 and that's enough steel to make two mounts!) figure I'll make the second one for a buddy that has the same compressor and want's to hard mount his too! I got all the holes drilled and slapped the first coat of black paint on it. I'll finish mounting and wireing it up in the morning. I'll get a few pic's and post'em up too!

Later, Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X