Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for a rear bumper

hey all,
    im looking to buy a new after mkt rear bumper, but im not sure on where to get it from. ive found a web site jcroffroad.com and i like there stage 2 rear bumper i was wondering if any one had this or if any one has seen these in action? not sure if 5"x2"x3/16" is strong enough. :dunno: i would like to keep the price down close to this one $275.00 any other companie recomandations would be great along with any other input.
    wrench, wheel, wreck, repeat.:yay: :shout:MUD MUD MUD I LOVE MUD CANT GO AROUND IT GOTA GO THROUGH IT!!

JCR Offroad is an awsome company Daryll and the guys are really cool and make some quality products.

Check out www.NAXJA.org there are MANY people on there that have the JCR stage 2 bumper. JCR is also a NAXJA sponsor, so if your a paid member, you get a discount.
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by towering_xj View Post
      not sure if 5"x2"x3/16" is strong enough.
      3/16" is generally a good choice. There is something to keep in mind when mounting aa bumper to a xj. Since the xj is a unibody, the aftermarket bumper should also mount under the "frame" where a gas tank skid plate would bolt on. If the bumper only mounts utilizing the original bolt holes under the rear hatch, you will quickly develop cracks. I don't know if the bumper you're looking at has additional mounting supports but I strongly recommend getting a bumper that does.
      I've been told I have rocks in my head.

Comment

i checked out the naxja website yesterday looks like a good site but, mjr is easier to get around i think. and the bumper comes with uni-body tie in brackets. thanks for the info.:smile:
        wrench, wheel, wreck, repeat.:yay: :shout:MUD MUD MUD I LOVE MUD CANT GO AROUND IT GOTA GO THROUGH IT!!

Comment

keep checkin youll prob find a used one on there, im not real fond of the jcr stuff myself,

Comment

Whats the deal with JCR Kevin?
            |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

there alright, i like this Cherokee Stage 3 Rear Bumper
              Code:2XJRST3 but its 500+, and this front,

Cherokee Front Winch Bumper
              Code:2XJFWN its like 600
              the lower end front bumpers look like rears? to me?
              WHATS UP ALLEN!!!! how ya doin,
              Last edited by xjkevin; 01-24-08, 09:36 AM.

Comment

I've always heard good things about JCR...not many people around here use them though. The tube bumpers are all the rage in AL...
                WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
                [_____]
                (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
                []--o---[]

Comment

do you suppose ill have any trouble actually towing any thing with this bumper? mostly just a snowmobile trailer with a couple of sleds, and a small horse trailer but no horses inside just alpacas.

Comment

if your gonna tow get a factory reciever, or some real towing device, my bumper is in pretty good and i wouldnt tow live animals with it.....

Comment

hey, so i emailed jcr offroad and asked them about there bumper for towing. they said "our bumpers are rated to tow the full towing capacity of your jeep" so i should have there stage 2 rear bumper in a matter of weeks.:gun: Again thank you all for your responses.

Comment

Awsome, i just got my OTK steering from them and its NICE. I cant wait for this weekend to install it

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

i placed my order for my bumper last friday 2-8 it should be here in 7-12 days cant wait to put it on as soon as ups dalivers it.

Comment

Working...
                          X