Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry Cans

Anyone know about Jerry Cans. What type should I get for my Jeep. Metel or Plastic? Do you guys use the California approved type? Basic Q: What is best and where do you get them? Thanks

I have to reccommend the Scepter fuel cans, they are Canadian, plastic, and Awesome. They are really close in dimention to the classic Jerry Cans, they don't spill, are rust free and have handles and stuff so they are easy to use.

I got mine from Quadratec and then gave all my metal cans to my buddies... I am never going back.

the part #'s are 5gal red (gas) 12202.12, 5gal olive drab (gas) 12202.11, 5gal yellow (gas) 12202.13, all $49.99 ea,

they also have water cans....

the part #'s are 5gal sand (water) 12202.14, 5gal olive drab (water) 12202.15, both $24.99 ea.

don't forget the sweet pour/fill spout 3/4 clear tube... you won't spill a drop, and you'll empty the 5gal can into your rig in less than a minute! Fuel pour spout 12202.20, $19.99 ea.

I don't like to post commercials, but I was frustrated, got these cans and I love them! they are easy to use and don't spill.
    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
      I have to reccommend the Scepter fuel cans, they are Canadian, plastic, and Awesome. They are really close in dimention to the classic Jerry Cans, they don't spill, are rust free and have handles and stuff so they are easy to use.

I got mine from Quadratec and then gave all my metal cans to my buddies... I am never going back.

the part #'s are 5gal red (gas) 12202.12, 5gal olive drab (gas) 12202.11, 5gal yellow (gas) 12202.13, all $49.99 ea,

the part #'s are 5gal sand (water) 12202.14, 5gal olive drab (water) 12202.15, both $24.99 ea.

don't forget the sweet pour/fill spout 3/4 clear tube... you won't spill a drop, and you'll empty the 5gal can into your rig in less than a minute! Fuel pour spout 12202.20, $19.99 ea.

I don't like to post commercials, but I was frustrated, got these cans and I love them! they are easy to use and don't spill.
      x2...I bought the olive drab for water. I had a metal one for gas until I punctured a hole in it. I now have the plastic red one for gas. Even though they are plastic they are very tuff. I know this from fact. My gas can doesn’t have a spout but I wouldn’t use it anyway. My gas can is mounted right above my tank fill and I use one of these to fill it up.
      http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...003000_200-3-5
      Don’t even have to remove the can.
      Last edited by dirtman13; 01-04-08, 04:27 PM. Reason: Found a cheaper one.
      Check out .

Comment

I have the old school red Jerry Cans and brackets and the old school spouts if anyone needs them. (they are new and not Ca approved) I still can get them........

I also have the California approved ones. Your Choice....

Brett
        offroadwerkz.com
        (805) 642-8400 or 477-9977

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
          I use one of these to fill it up.
          http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...003000_200-3-5
          Don’t even have to remove the can.
          :hijack:THANK YOU............. these siphons are the greatest. I couldn't find these with the brass so I settled for a cheap plastic one from 4wd Hardware. I paid twice as much as the better ones from Bass Pro Shops. I will definately upgrade.
          I've been told I have rocks in my head.

Comment

I also bought a plastic gas can..I,m not sure the name it,s 5.6 gallons..red and has a handle and a good spout..I picked it up at Pep Boys like $25.00... Geeb
            "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul B View Post
              :hijack:THANK YOU............. these siphons are the greatest. I couldn't find these with the brass so I settled for a cheap plastic one from 4wd Hardware. I paid twice as much as the better ones from Bass Pro Shops. I will definately upgrade.
              Yea, they work great. Also, I got mine from Pep Boys. Just an FYI.
              Check out .

Comment

Thanks for the good Info. I just went on line and ordered the cans and the siphon(Great Idea)
                Update: I recieved a Phone call from Quadratec. They canceled my order. Sales Rep said they will no longer carry the Scepter fuel cans. Bummer
                Last edited by RubiRedRoc 07; 01-05-08, 09:44 AM. Reason: Product Update

Comment

Dirtman ,That,s a way cool siphon thing probably no loss of fuel at all..,I did,nt even think of that..Geeb
                  "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Brass Siphon

Here is a good source.
                    http://www.boatshowproducts.com/Supe...FRIUagodaij0WQ

Comment

Another source for the brass siphon. Single siphon or three pack. I have used mine for two years. No problems. I do not even have to take my cans off my Wilderness rack to siphon into my tank and never spill a drop from those lousy CARB approved cans.

http://www.simplesiphon.com/products/

OR

http://www.boatshowproducts.com/Supe...FRUhNAod2yT8oQ
                      Never the last trail!:cactus:

Comment

crap! those cans are the shizz... I'm going to find another source and git 2 more...

X2 on the syphon deal, I am gonna use that now that Paul got me one, Thanx agin Paul!

still a nice fill hose though....
                        :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by DirtBall89 View Post
                          Another source for the brass siphon. Single siphon or three pack. I have used mine for two years. No problems. I do not even have to take my cans off my Wilderness rack to siphon into my tank and never spill a drop from those lousy CARB approved cans.

http://www.simplesiphon.com/products/

OR

http://www.boatshowproducts.com/Supe...FRUhNAod2yT8oQ
                          Nice to have other options but you can't beat the price at Bass Pro Shops. Besides, wandering around BPS isn't a bad way to kill some time.
                          I've been told I have rocks in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post

don't forget the sweet pour/fill spout 3/4 clear tube... you won't spill a drop, and you'll empty the 5gal can into your rig in less than a minute!
                            I too have to recommend the Scepter cans, best ones out there period. I just bought a Red Fuel can and a Black Water one, sweet although I should have bought Fuel only and the Olive color since I got a new camper Anyone want to trade?

The high flow clear tube spout is the only way to go, not a drop spilled when I used it. The CARB approved version is a real POS, more fuel spilled on you, your rig, and the ground than inside your tank.

I got mine from http://www.equipt1.com/h/component/o...,21/Itemid,31/
                            Great guy, he got them shipped to me on extremely short notice for a trip I was taking. I procrastinated to order them
                            [COLOR="Blue"]If you don't have the time to do it right, what makes you think you'll have the time to do it twice?[/COLOR]

Comment

I have two SCEPTER Fuel Cans Green w/Red strap (MIL Spec)($50 ea.) that I am willing to sacrifice. They are both new only one had fuel in it for about 30min thats it. I would be willing to ship but I would have to find out how much it would cost. Also I have One C.A.R.B. compliant cap that I will sell for 15.00 There is a pic in my gallery. Thanks
                              Last edited by CalFireGuy; 01-29-08, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X