Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you change seats

I just installed a pair of reclining Corbeau Seats in my 88' YJ. Two things that will make this easier for you if you change seats are, a 14MM ratcheting box wrench and a E10 external Torx socket. The seat is attached to the seat frame with the Torx bolt and can not be removed without this socket. The area under the seat is very tight and the ratcheting box saved me 20 minutes on re-install vs removal. The seats are 1 inch taller so you have a little extra visibility, plus adjustible recline is a welcome feature.

I have always wished that I would have bought those instead of the Bestop seats that I ordered from Quadratec...
    Bestop seat foam seems to sag....
    Money pit!

Comment

hey mitch, what did you do with the old seats? they might be better than what I have now...
      :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Hey Jesse,

The seats are not in bad condition. My main problem was that I couldn't adjust the seat angle (non-reclining) and I always was pulling myself upright to the steering wheel. If want them they are yours. I also want to get rid of a front tow bar (free). It's a Blue Ox brand and in OK shape.

Mitch

Comment

Jesse,

Check email for cell #

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
            Hey Jesse,

The seats are not in bad condition. My main problem was that I couldn't adjust the seat angle (non-reclining) and I always was pulling myself upright to the steering wheel. If want them they are yours. I also want to get rid of a front tow bar (free). It's a Blue Ox brand and in OK shape.

Mitch
            I could use a towbar if you don't need it. That is if it is not taken.
            <><
            4x4him.org

Comment

Originally posted by rockhead View Post
              I could use a towbar if you don't need it. That is if it is not taken.
              if you dont get great88, try going to Harbor Freight and ask for theirs. I just picked one up for $50, another guy on this site told me about it.
              beats paying $150 plus shipping for one out of a mag.

Comment

Originally posted by DEADMEAT View Post
                if you dont get great88, try going to Harbor Freight and ask for theirs. I just picked one up for $50, another guy on this site told me about it.
                beats paying $150 plus shipping for one out of a mag.
                Thanks for the heads up. Was that a special price or their normal price?
                <><
                4x4him.org

Comment

Rockhead,

Still have the tow bar if you want it. It's free.

Comment

I sure would appreciate it. Can you give me your address I can come pick it up. Thanks
                    -Ben
                    <><
                    4x4him.org

Comment

Working...
                    X