Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Yuma, Arizona

My name is Felix and love my Jeep Wrangler. I live in the desert and we have alot of sand drags down here. Sorry no rocks here but would love to attend an event!!!! I got my Wrangler 2 years ago and all I wanted to do was to fix it so that it would be pretty and drive it. Next I added a 4.0L and made it EFI (Mopar kit). Next I built a 4.7L, added a transbrake and changed my EFI it a stand-a-lone EFI system (Electromotive Win TEC 2). I loved the way it ran but wanted to go faster. So I added a T3/T4 turbocharger!! Now I've got a NOS system (not yet installed). I took the engine apart to ck the inside and make sure it will be able to handle the NOS system. I should have it done my the end of the week! The 1st time I took my Wrangler to the sand drags (100 yards) it 8.89 ET and now my fastest ET is 5.17. (with street tires!!!) All I want now is to go into the 4 sec. on a 6 cyl. I do all of the work in myself and maybe I can help with the my experience. I really hope to meet new people and learn more about Jeeps!!!!! I am apart of a all Jeep racing team called 104 Racing Team. If you would like to find more info. about our racing team we have a web-site called www.104racingteam.com Once more hope to meet new people and ideas....Felix

Hey Felix, Welcome to MJR. Thats pretty cool stuff. I've never really thought about sand drags before, sounds like fun. Have you ever done any 1/8 or 1/4 mile drag racing? I'm just wondering what all that HP to. Speaking of that, how much HP are you making?
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Hi Chris,
      1st of all I once took my Wrangler out to those street races(1/4 mile). Which is cool if your young and not smart I picked up so much speed and got really unstable! It got me and all of the littel imports really scared. With the lift and large tires it not really set-up for high speeds. At the race track (100yrd.) the fastest I've seen it do is 68 mph! Soooo I'll stay and play in the sand from now on...
      I have estimated the engine making around 470 hp @15lbs. of boost. I should got close 80 100 more hp with the NOS system. thanks..Felix

Comment

welcome to the board! you should check out dumont dunes (ca) for presidents day - lots of sand dragging going on!
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Re: Hello from Yuma, Arizona

Originally posted by turbocharged4.0
          My name is Felix and love my Jeep Wrangler. I live in the desert and we have alot of sand drags down here. Sorry no rocks here but would love to attend an event!!!! I got my Wrangler 2 years ago and all I wanted to do was to fix it so that it would be pretty and drive it. Next I added a 4.0L and made it EFI (Mopar kit). Next I built a 4.7L, added a transbrake and changed my EFI it a stand-a-lone EFI system (Electromotive Win TEC 2). I loved the way it ran but wanted to go faster. So I added a T3/T4 turbocharger!! Now I've got a NOS system (not yet installed). I took the engine apart to ck the inside and make sure it will be able to handle the NOS system. I should have it done my the end of the week! The 1st time I took my Wrangler to the sand drags (100 yards) it 8.89 ET and now my fastest ET is 5.17. (with street tires!!!) All I want now is to go into the 4 sec. on a 6 cyl. I do all of the work in myself and maybe I can help with the my experience. I really hope to meet new people and learn more about Jeeps!!!!! I am apart of a all Jeep racing team called 104 Racing Team. If you would like to find more info. about our racing team we have a web-site called www.104racingteam.com Once more hope to meet new people and ideas....Felix
          Sand...fun!

Drags...memories.

Comment

Working...
          X