Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought in CO

Hello everyone. I have a '98 Sport mostly stock, fresh off the lot, doesn't even have plates yet. I have put on 3" OME lift, 32" Goodyear Wranglers, Pioneer Stereo, a couple 6x9's. I just bought a CB and need some help with the wiring and mounting.

I live up here in the snow country, Aspen, CO to be exact, so my time for wheelin' is running thin, though I have taken it roadin' at least once a week since I got it. If you al know of any good trails up here let me know, I am always willing to find try something new.
    6" Terflex, Teralow Short Shaft kit, JKS Disconnects, 33" BFG's, and a whole lot of stereo equipment...

Hi. Can't help with the CB or trails, but can say Hi.

Comment

hey Drewnuts. Welcome to MJR!! Glad you found us! Got any pics of your Jeep? I mounted my CB to the roll bar with some hose clamps. Then ran the wiring down the passenger side to the fuse box. Most of us use Firestik antennas and stuff. I mounted my antenna to the driver side rear quarter panel, above the tail light. Let us know if you have any more questions.
      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

pictures

I have pictures but dont know how to post them. Let me know how to do so.
        6" Terflex, Teralow Short Shaft kit, JKS Disconnects, 33" BFG's, and a whole lot of stereo equipment...

Comment

Re: pictures

Originally posted by drewnuts
          I have pictures but dont know how to post them. Let me know how to do so.
          .How to Post Pics

You need to have the pictures saved on the internet somewhere

(try Imagestation.com , its free and usually problem free...or upgrade your membership here and post pics directly to the site)
          Last edited by JeepGal; 10-22-03, 06:38 PM.
          [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
          SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
          Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

welcome aboard drewnuts! next trail run: aspen co!! what a cool spot to live. how do you like it? we got a few ski bums on the board too
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
              welcome aboard drewnuts! next trail run: aspen co!! what a cool spot to live. how do you like it? we got a few ski bums on the board too
              Me ski! Me ski! Me ski! Will drive to ski!

Comment

Heya Drewnuts...WELCOME!

When you hook up your CB, try to avoid using the cigarette plug in power cord. Instead, wire directly to the fusebox using a fuse adapter...REALLY REALLY EASY... This way you avoid the static that the engine makes.

Let me know if you need any help with posting pics or uploading an avatar.

Tam
                2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Here is a link to some pics. Its just the jeep posing because i usually go wheelin by myself.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?i...06300785&idx=1

Comment

Nice to have another local Jeep, you are right next to Holy Cross and other nice trails, not more than 3 hours from Moab to boot! My suggestion for more local info is www.colorado4x4.org if you hadn't found it already. Either way, welcome to the forum, lot's of good people on here and watch the wheeling alone, I know I learned my lession on an afternoon in August and getting caught in a blizzard from nowhere in 20 minutes, you know, just keeping it safe.
                    [COLOR="Red"]www.raingler.com[/COLOR] Strap down Yer Junk !!! Best Damn Nets, Straps and Grips you can get yer hands on!

Comment

Working...
                    X