Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from California City , CA

Hi, my name is Dennis And I live In California City. I got my 04 X last April and have been loving it ever since. I got stationed at Edwards Air Force Base last after being at Vandenberg A.F.B. at Lompoc for 13 years. So I am wondering if I might know IVasty from the last thread since she is from Lompoc. When I moved here life sucked , I was surrounded by mountains that I wanted to explore but I was driving a ford Taurus. I wanted to go back to Lompoc so bad. I was actually taking the taurus to the dealership for some warranty work when I passed the Jeep dealership and saw all the new Rubicons. I had to stop and drool over them. I owed way more than the taurus was worth but the dealership hid the extra money somewhere and got me financed. Three hours later i was driving away a very happy man. Unfortunatly not with a Rubicon, because of my extra money owed on the taurus the paymenton a Rubicon would have been over $900. The Air Force Does not pay me that much! Now I love living out in the middle of the desert and I don't want to leave. I have mountains within an hours drive almost all the way around me. I tried catching the group that went to calico this last weekend. I stopped by the trailhead on my way to Vegas(won $700 on slots) but they were already up the trail. I still need a couple more things before I am hardcore trail ready so I didnt go up and try to find them. Had a nice BS session with the Jeepers with the RV at the trail head. well I better close this novel out before everyone falls asleep. Plan on seeing me on some of the runs like last chance canyon, randsburg, and Calico. Here are some pics .

more pics at http://photobucket.com/albums/v678/deamersjeep/
    Dennis
    04 TJ
    4.0/Auto
    RE 4.5 Long Arm
    Rock-It Man Rockers
    33x12.50 BFG A/T
    desert racing stripes, creased oil pan, and a new shiny transmission pan.

Hey Dennis. Welcome to MJR! Sweet TJ.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Welcome aboard and nice to have another "Wing Nut" on the board
      Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Welcome aboard neighbor, Hope to see you on one of the local runs... Nice rig you got.. IF your looking for rockers, talk with chris (Dukes69), He's got some killer rockers coming out.. :thumbs_up
        Last edited by avnative; 02-24-05, 12:48 PM. Reason: Addition
        04TJ, 4.0 5spd
        4" rough country springs
        Nth degree arms upper and lower
        1" Currie MML/BL
        Jc fab rockers & 1" seat lift
        33"BFG MT's
        Lock-rite in the front

Comment

Welcome to MJR! Good group of people here.
          Sweet Jeep
          [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
          In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

Welcome! Hope to see you on some runs soon
            Sarah
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

hi

are u on right now
              2004 TJ stock
              photo of me an my baby

jeep girl do it better!!
              wanted good man taking apps inquir with in

Comment

Welcome!!!!!

Jason
                The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT be infringed!!!!

Comment

Welcome, Dennis! Nice looking Jeep! I was in the same boat as you (I say boat 'cuz I'm ex-Navy ) I had a 4Runner that was just not what I wanted and I really wanted to do some off road exploring. I'd had a Land Cruiser but it got totaled in an accident. Saw the Jeep and got financed and here I am! I'm constantly amazed at how it outperforms my 4Runner in everything (except for storage space...) I went wheeling out at Corral Canyon and my stock Sport just totally DOMINATED the two Toyota trucks with 6-9" of lift on 35's I went with.

JEEP- THERE IS (CAN BE) ONLY ONE.

Chad Golden

Comment

Working...
                  X