Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone from Somewhere other than Cal

New to the jeep club, but long time mud and sand racer. Found this forum through google and so here I are. Main reason I was looking for a forum was just tips from people that know more about this particular vehicle than I do. Have thought about getting into rock crawling, but have no experience with it yet. so there is my short story....
    Question authority, and Authorities will question you.

welcome to the board, drunk
    you found your way into the beginning of a big thing. feel free to peruse the threads that are here, and ask any questions you have about your jeep.
    what type of jeep do you have? what mods are already done to it?
    ask, and answer as much as you like. please try to stay on topic.
    WELCOME!
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

No mods yet not even a week old just a lowly sport with the 3.73 d44 rear and the 4l manual. Skids and rocker protecters soon to be on order along with a set of 4.56 gears front and rear, RE 5.5" long arm kit and some bfg krawler 35's. should make a good start to letting my boy grow up.....

Comment

Sounds like a man on a mission! you should have alll of that finished in a week or two congrats on your new jeep purchace, and i cant wait to see it!
        post some pics
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

WELCOME to the board, and congrats on your new obsession!!

Enjoy your new Jeep, get to know him before you mod. Theres nothing quite like wheeling a stock Jeep. Its way more capable then you know!

Have FUN!

Tam
          2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
          Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

welcome to the board dr_drunk! the people here are great for helping you make the best of your jeep. mine was stock only several months ago!

there is another member here from eugene, oregon, GrimWheeler. maybe it's close to you!?
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

About an hour south to eugene. I have no doubts in my mind what a stock jeep is capable of, but for where I go
              stock = stuck, so it won't be stock long. Like I said in my first post I am a mud man and that as you all know is a game of clearance and traction. Now 8" clearance is a nice start but just not enough.
              My big question is about the lift kits out there: The 2 big names I keep hearing for quality in the jeep world are Teraflex and Rubicon Express. Is there some other companies I should be looking at? I refuse to go with skyjacker just because of past problems on my chev's. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Welcome Dr. D

Would that be a PHD?

How is the wheeling up in Or
                Kirk
                1997 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

Originally posted by dr_drunk
                  My big question is about the lift kits out there: The 2 big names I keep hearing for quality in the jeep world are Teraflex and Rubicon Express. Is there some other companies I should be looking at? I refuse to go with skyjacker just because of past problems on my chev's. Thanks for the input.
                  start a new thread in Short Wheelbase > Suspension and ask your question there. you should get alot better response! plus, then other people with the same question will go there to find the answer.

Comment

Hey Drunk!! Glad you could join us! Let us know if you have any questions . . . we're here to help
                    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Cetrov
                      Welcome Dr. D

Would that be a PHD?

How is the wheeling up in Or

No formal PHD, more of an honorary kind of thing. As for the wheeling up here it's good, not much in rock crawling to the best of my knowledge but more mud and sand than anyone can hope for. Also alot of formal mud drags, which is where I got my start in wheelin.

Sorry about posting the question here, the name coming into effect.....

Comment

Originally posted by dr_drunk
                        Sorry about posting the question here, the name coming into effect.....
                        no problem! we're a forgiving bunch! lol
                        i'll drink to that!

Comment

Hey Dr. D! You know, Rubicon would be a good half way point for everybody to meet up with you. Waddya think?
                          Michael Stowe
                          Tin Benders

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepskickass
                            Hey Dr. D! You know, Rubicon would be a good half way point for everybody to meet up with you. Waddya think?
                            that is a dayum good idea!

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                              that is a dayum good idea!
                              Well, it just so happens that I'm going to be up there from September 27th through October 3rd... My club is heading up for the Pirates of the Rubicon Cleanup, then we're having our annual run the following week. Two nights at Spider, two nights at Buck Island, one night at Rubicon Springs, then out to South Lake Tahoe for a hot shower and food, fun, cocktails and gambling, not necessarily in that order!
                              Michael Stowe
                              Tin Benders

Comment

Working...
                              X