Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another so cal newbie

I just wanted to say what a great site this is!! As soon as I get a chance I will upload a pic of my jeep. I am in southern california and I cant wait to get off the freeways and enjoy some time away from the parking lots they call freeways. It will be nice to see what my jeep can and cant do! And as always its always great to hear tricks of the trade from others who have been there done that!
    Lisa
    Have you hugged your Jeep today??

Re: Another so cal newbie

Originally posted by talljeepchick
    I just wanted to say what a great site this is!! As soon as I get a chance I will upload a pic of my jeep. I am in southern california and I cant wait to get off the freeways and enjoy some time away from the parking lots they call freeways. It will be nice to see what my jeep can and cant do! And as always its always great to hear tricks of the trade from others who have been there done that!
    YAY another Jeep chick. Welcome to the board Lisa. Feel free to ask any questions you have, there are alot of knowledgeable (how come that word looks funny? Did I spell it wrong? ) people on this board! Keep an eye on the Trail Rides section for upcoming runs. :yay:
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

WELCOME ABOARD, lisa! keep an eye on the up coming runs... join us on one. you wont be the only girl, and it is always fun! hope to see you out on the trail.
      tell us more about your jeep. what have you done to it? and what are your plans?
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

welcome to the board lisa! thanks for your compliments on the site, how'd you find us?

we look forward to having you join us, and your jeep sounds like it will have no problem on the trails we run. your jeep rocks! let's see her!

sarah
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I was doing a forum search on google and this site came up so I clicked it on and viola'........ I bought my jeep last year and still need to crawl under it and take a real good look at what it has under there all in all its in great shape and I cant wait to get out!!!
          Lisa

Comment

have you made any modifications to it yet? if not... i suggest sway bar disconnects, and MOST IMPORTANTLY... rocker protection
            what size tires are you running?
            ERIK

Comment

Hey Eric,
              I know it has a rancho lift and shocks, with BFG 33's, a skid plate for the diff .......I will get a pic of it up this weekend.........what else would you recommend??
              Lisa

Comment

well, like i said in the previous post.. i highly recommend some rocker protection. i have the warn rock sliders, which are $209 to your door, and REALLY like them. they have saved me way more than $200 bucks in body damage. the other one tht i most recommend is the sway bar disconnects. you can buy some for like 75 bucks or make some like tammy did for about $7 bucks. those will allow your wheels to travel much more when off road.
                make sure you keep a close eyre on the upcoming runs section.
                join us!
                oh, one more thing....
                maks sure your ability, and your jeeps ability are in sinc with the run. we wouldnt want to lead you and your jeep into something that oyu arent willing, or capable of doing.
                keep your questions coming!
                ERIK

Comment

pics!!! we need pics!!! :yay: Welcome Lisa. You should definately come out to one of the runs so we can check out your Jeep. We can tell ya more then. see ya.
                  Last edited by blkTJ; 08-09-03, 01:13 AM.
                  myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Hey, welcome and join the adventures!
                    Kirk
                    1997 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

Yeah, pics!!! And not necessarily of the Jeep!!
                      Michael Stowe
                      Tin Benders

Comment

Welcome Lisa!!

Awesome, another jeepin girl

This is a GREAT group of guys (and gals)...youll feel right at home here

Have you had your Jeep into Low yet? ITS TIME :p

Im with Erik here, rocker protection and sway bar disconnects. Though to be perfectly honest with you, youll have to talk to someone with a YJ to figure out how to make homemade disconnects. They are set up a bit differently then my TJ...Erik, any advice???

Anyway...welcome to our little group...and dont be afraid to tag along, youll learn quickly, and this group always sticks together to help each other out.

Tam
                        2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                        Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

thanx

Thanx everyone for the warm welcome, cant wawit to meet up with you on a run........I will keep my eye open for your next get together. Hope everyone had a awesome weekend with out too many battle scars!!!
                          Lisa

Comment

Welcome LISA ! you came to a great place ! look forward to seeing you out on the trail with us ( if I can ever make it !) As far as protecting your Jeep give me a call I make all kinds of cool Jeep stuff ! Dont forget to ask about your MJR discount !!!!!!

JIM :{>
                            JC Fab & Design

Comment

lisa - pm, jim, you'll love his stuff. how tall is tall?
                              1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
                              My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Working...
                              X