X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H8PVMT
    replied
    Originally posted by New one
    Well ryan, when and if i do a lift, I know who to call for help since you dont live too far away.. LOL LOL J/k, I got a killer deal on a set of center line rims at the off road show, 15x8 polished 4.5 backspacing, 200.00, Went and got some 33's, BF goodrich mud-terrains, All clears, Just need to get rid of the bb and put a 4" RE on it now, but after the $$$ on tires and rims, gonna be a littel bit before I get that...
    Hey not a problem Ed. When you get it and I am not tied up at work I will be glad to give you a hand. I love workin' on jeeps!!!! :thumbs_up

Leave a comment:

• avnative
    replied
    Originally posted by H8PVMT
    Bummer about the 35's...
    I know what you mean. When I did my lift I had never done any work on any suspension before and it was an awesome learning experience to say the least. I've done so much to my jeep that the thought of letting someone else even do an oil change gives me a bad feeling.
    Well ryan, when and if i do a lift, I know who to call for help since you dont live too far away.. LOL LOL J/k, I got a killer deal on a set of center line rims at the off road show, 15x8 polished 4.5 backspacing, 200.00, Went and got some 33's, BF goodrich mud-terrains, All clears, Just need to get rid of the bb and put a 4" RE on it now, but after the $$$ on tires and rims, gonna be a littel bit before I get that...

Leave a comment:

• H8PVMT
    replied
    Originally posted by Surfer_Boy
    Lol. I want 35s so badly. Ahhh. But its not my jeep...I just get to build it. My dad is the boss and what he says goes. I'm really glad I didnt let the shop install the lift. I learned so much by doing it. I used to be ignorant about cars, but now I can say I personally installed a lift that would have cost 1500 at the local 4x4 shop. Grinding those old control arm brackets off was sure fun. I need another stock jeep to play with.
    Bummer about the 35's...
    I know what you mean. When I did my lift I had never done any work on any suspension before and it was an awesome learning experience to say the least. I've done so much to my jeep that the thought of letting someone else even do an oil change gives me a bad feeling.

Leave a comment:

• Surfer_Boy
    replied
    Lol. I want 35s so badly. Ahhh. But its not my jeep...I just get to build it. My dad is the boss and what he says goes. I'm really glad I didnt let the shop install the lift. I learned so much by doing it. I used to be ignorant about cars, but now I can say I personally installed a lift that would have cost 1500 at the local 4x4 shop. Grinding those old control arm brackets off was sure fun. I need another stock jeep to play with.

Leave a comment:

• H8PVMT
    replied
    Looks good! Needs some 35's!

Leave a comment:

• Roknxj
    replied

Here is the beauty
    Yes I agree it is a beauty.

Leave a comment:

• Roknxj
    replied
    Wow, the lift is finally done.

Fabtech Long Arm 6 inch lift

It has been a long month and a half but it was definitely worth it. We really only had a good few days of real work though. It looks ridiculous right now with 31s....black steelies and 33s are coming soon. I am so mad at myself though. I finished it a couple of days ago and took it for a spin with the e-brake, and I completely forgot about the 4 tranny bolts. I was too excited to drive it that I forgot about it. Well, I was testing the acceleration and by doing so, I completely torqued my transmission. I could hear it bouncing underneath and now there is a rattling/vibration in the tranny as I put it in drive or reverse from 0-5 mph. Does anyone have any advice on what broke. I'm thinking it is just a seal or the mount completely broke off, but maybe there is some serious damage to the tranny. The brakes are done so I have been driving it around town and am impressed at the smoothness of the ride. I assumed by lifting it 6 (about 7) inches, I would obtain some monsterous driveline problems without a new driveshaft, yet it rides like stock right now. The addition of the welded subframes dropped it about an inch and a half so that might have helped. I will post pictures as soon as possible.
    Can't wait to see some pictures.

Wow what a bummer about your tranny hope it's nothing seriously. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Surfer_Boy
    replied

Here is the beauty

Leave a comment:

• Surfer_Boy
    replied
    Yeah I hope everything turns out fine. I'm going to some offroad place in San Jose that will check all my work and try to fix the driveline situation. I'm going with 33s because I dont want to mess with my weak dana 35 and regearing. I will eventually get some Dana 60s but I already have spent a huge amount of money. I've never driven in any other lifted vehicles, but I really like the feel of this lift. Once I get some 33s and fix the tranny, it will drive like a dream.

Leave a comment:

• Sully
    replied
    Sounds cool. Hope you get the issues worked out.

Leave a comment:

• FRMNJJ
    replied
    Ouch !!!! so why are you going with 33's on a 6" lift ?

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    Sounds cool dude! Cant wait for the pics. Sucks about the tranny stuff. I dont have the slightest idea what the noise could be. I guess you could always go back to stock and take it into the dealer.

Leave a comment:

• Surfer_Boy
    started a topic Lift is done

Lift is done

Wow, the lift is finally done.

Fabtech Long Arm 6 inch lift

It has been a long month and a half but it was definitely worth it. We really only had a good few days of real work though. It looks ridiculous right now with 31s....black steelies and 33s are coming soon. I am so mad at myself though. I finished it a couple of days ago and took it for a spin with the e-brake, and I completely forgot about the 4 tranny bolts. I was too excited to drive it that I forgot about it. Well, I was testing the acceleration and by doing so, I completely torqued my transmission. I could hear it bouncing underneath and now there is a rattling/vibration in the tranny as I put it in drive or reverse from 0-5 mph. Does anyone have any advice on what broke. I'm thinking it is just a seal or the mount completely broke off, but maybe there is some serious damage to the tranny. The brakes are done so I have been driving it around town and am impressed at the smoothness of the ride. I assumed by lifting it 6 (about 7) inches, I would obtain some monsterous driveline problems without a new driveshaft, yet it rides like stock right now. The addition of the welded subframes dropped it about an inch and a half so that might have helped. I will post pictures as soon as possible.
Working...
X