Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My FC150

New to the site but been wheeling an FC for a couple years now. Bought it bone stock with all the rust also. Have modified it a bit since then. Waggy spooled rear, custom Cooter cage, rebuilt f-head engine, grand waggy springs all round soa for 6" lift, 5 point harness, numerous trail induced clearancing dents. When I figure how to post pics I will.:confused:

There are probably a lot people wondering what an FC-150 is.

Glad to hear that someone is actually wheeling one. Sounds like a good setup you have going there.

To put pics up, you need to link to a site and the pics will show up in the thread.

Erik

Comment

Originally posted by Trailbst
      There are probably a lot people wondering what an FC-150 is.
      I am one of them! Welcome to MJR! Cant wait to see the pics.
      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Ok I will get some pics on a website somewhere then link to them prabably monday night

Comment

Chris, here are some pics.

This is a FC-150 with a plow:

And here is a FC-170 with a Backhoe:

Enjoy!!

My Dad had one for a while. Very front heavy vehicle. Very cool though.

Erik

Comment

I know a girl in so dakota who has 4 of them

shes got 7 jeeps in all.

WELCOME to the forum !

Tam
            2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
            Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

The FC does look to be front heavy but it wheels like the rest of the jeeps out there. It has a counterweight to balance the cabs foreward weighting of the vehicle. I have no problems climbing or descending hills or for that matter side slopes are not bad either. Most of the vehicle weight lays close to the frame so it keeps the center of gravity low. Dont get me wrong here guys it has limitations and I learned a great deal on fab work. That is why I am building a CJ5. Pics coming soon

Comment

welcome aboard nuthugger! my parents live in orland park, il, (on the other side of the 57) and i grew up right on the other side of the border in indiana. my aunt and uncle live in matteson. chicago junkies! gotta love those darn tollbooths...

neato vehicle you got there! what are the trails like in illinois? next time i venture home we'll have to meet up!

this might help for posting photos, some tips from jeepgal:
                http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...s=&threadid=80
                :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I know about the counterweight, I remember picking the darn thing up. Not lite at all. I think the coolest part about it, was the "U" shape hole for the rear PTO shaft.

Erik

Comment

The pto hole was a very handy place for the exhaust to exit at.

Comment

Wow!! that thing rocks!!
                      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

AWESOME Jeep!!

Anyone that wheels a FC is cool. Anyone wheeling a BUILT FC totally Rocks!!!!!!!! I'd love to build a FC someday, but they are pretty hard to find Good luck with that thing! We hope to see you on the trail!
                        It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
                        and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

Most of you guys are from the west coast. I am in Chicago I doubt you will see me unfortunatly.

Comment

The down side of the FC's is that you're always the first one on the scene of a wreck. There's a guy here in Moreno Valley that has two of them (an FC-150, and an FC-170). I've approched him about selling either of them, and at the time he wouldn't even consider it. Tom: if you're still interested, the guy that owns them is the guy that owns the Tire Pros shop here in town. It's been a couple of years since I asked him about selling one of them, he may be more open to the thought now. There are also about half a dozen of them in the yard at Scotty's that could all be salvaged, and built. I think if I didn't have my old Willys to wheel, I'd want something rare and unique like an FC too...

Comment

Originally posted by PRegner
                              The down side of the FC's is that you're always the first one on the scene of a wreck. There's a guy here in Moreno Valley that has two of them (an FC-150, and an FC-170). I've approched him about selling either of them, and at the time he wouldn't even consider it. Tom: if you're still interested, the guy that owns them is the guy that owns the Tire Pros shop here in town. It's been a couple of years since I asked him about selling one of them, he may be more open to the thought now. There are also about half a dozen of them in the yard at Scotty's that could all be salvaged, and built. I think if I didn't have my old Willys to wheel, I'd want something rare and unique like an FC too...

Great!!! That's all Tom needs to hear! Actually, he would love to have one now, but it's coming up with the dough to get one!! I can make some out of flour and milk j/k
                              1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
                              Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Working...
                              X