Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Product - UBolt Eliminators from T&T Customs, Inc.

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Product - UBolt Eliminators from T&T Customs, Inc.

Lifting a vehicle that's leaf sprung in the rear can be a challenge. Gaining 4 or more inches to balance out the front can push you into a rear spring with some serious arch in it to get the lift needed. We at T&T Customs, believe we've come up with a more viable solution: The Ubolt Eliminators.

This kit replaces your stock spring pirches with a trick new way to compliment a leaf spring with less arch in it. We have models in 0-inch, 3/4-inch and 1 1/2-inch flavors. All three kits share the same characteristics:
    • Wide design helps with wheel hop
    • Offset center pin holes allow for 1 or 1.5-inch differential offset to adjust your wheelbase
    • U-bolts are eliminated so they don't hang down below axle centerline
    • Install gives you opportunity to adjust your pinion angle and ditch those degree wedges
    • Integrated bump-stop pad to work with stock bumpstop (XJ/MJ) or your custom application
    • CAD designed and CNC Cut
    • Kit comes standard with high-clearance shock re-location tabs to get them out of the weeds.
    • Kit ships with all hardware necessary for install.
    • Call for Custom Applications

Application Example: When building a Jeep XJ with ~6.5" of lift there are only two options for getting the rear suspension to that height: 1) ~3" spring with a lift block or 2) a 6" spring. Lift blocks are generally not recommended

We know this kit works, we have customers running them in vehicles Ranging from a Jeep Scrambler with 700+hp and 40's to an XJ with a stock 4.0L.

Place orders using Visa, Mastercard, or Discover by calling 307.775.YLNK.
    Product inquiries to sales@tntcustoms.com

http://www.tntcustoms.com
    Last edited by scorpion; 11-17-05, 07:48 PM.

Originally posted by scorpion

Application Example: When building a Jeep XJ with ~6.5" of lift there are only two options for getting the rear suspension to that height: 1) ~3" spring with a lift block or 2) a 6" spring. Lift blocks are generally not recommended

We know this kit works, we have customers running them in vehicles Ranging from a Jeep Scrambler with 700+hp and 40's to an XJ with a stock 4.0L.
    Or a 4.5 inch spring with a 1.5 inch block or a lift shackle. I've read your post 3 different times and I have NO idea what product you are selling. Other then some kind of u-bolt gettingridderof'r. Got any pics? I'm lazy and dont want to click the link you provided. Thanks.

Oh, and I want to see that Scrambler w/ 700 HP and 40's please. :dunno:
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

It is basically a fancy spring perch--made in various heights to accomplish small amounts of lift w/o the use of blocks. It does nothing to address the axle wrap issue seen when running tall blocks, but you won't have to worry about spitting the blocks out. I am not sure about the way they clamp the leaf spring between the perch and spring plate. If the top plate bends at all, you could lose the pressure on the spring possibly allowing it to shift. It better be a damn thick plate.
      olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Now that I think about it a little....that top plate probably isn't as big of a deal as I initially thought. But, another concern that comes to mind is the welds between the perch and axle tube. If you lose those, you will lose your axle. With traditional u-bolts, you will be able to limp home with just the bolts holding the axle to the spring.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
          Or a 4.5 inch spring with a 1.5 inch block or a lift shackle. I've read your post 3 different times and I have NO idea what product you are selling. Other then some kind of u-bolt gettingridderof'r. Got any pics? I'm lazy and dont want to click the link you provided. Thanks.
          Wow...too lazy to follow the link?

This is really a spring perch that has lift built into it. It welds to the housing like a spring perch and has an upper plate that works with the stock bump-stop location. Here's the 3/4-inch lift UBE's getting installed on an 8.8...

Originally posted by Dukes69
          Oh, and I want to see that Scrambler w/ 700 HP and 40's please. :dunno:.
          If you're by the shop we'll see if we can't get a group together and do a snow run. The club up here is all about motor and tire...for sand and snow. The rocks are for the slow times during the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by scorpion
            If you're by the shop we'll see if we can't get a group together and do a snow run. The club up here is all about motor and tire...for sand and snow. The rocks are for the slow times during the summer.
            :geek: Na, thats too far away. Besides, snow is for skiing/snow boarding. :yay:
            [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
            SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Why would axle wrap become any more of an issue? Everything stays the same EXCEPT you eliminate the U under the axle.......Nice units, keep up the good work.....BJ

Comment

Assuming spring rate stays the same, you will get more axle wrap as you move the spring farther away from the axis of rotation (centerline of the axleshafts). It does not matter if you move the spring with blocks, taller spring perches, or any other device.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimes
                  Assuming spring rate stays the same, you will get more axle wrap as you move the spring farther away from the axis of rotation (centerline of the axleshafts). It does not matter if you move the spring with blocks, taller spring perches, or any other device.
                  Agreed- With the 0 lift units axle wrap should be the same. with the lifted units wrap would change. Am I on the right track? B.j.

Comment

Working...
                  X