Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superlift TruSpeeds on sale with FREE shipping= $181.46 Delivered

The TruSpeed Speed Sensor Calibrator is a must for any vehicle equipped with tires that are taller or shorter than stock. It corrects the erroneous speedometer reading (as wellas other important speed-related vehicle functions) on most vehicles equiped with an electronic (non cable-driven) speedometer. Each TruSpeed includes the modules, a calibration key, all necessary wire and connectors, shrink tube, zip ties, and comprehensive installation / calibration instructions.

If you're running bigger tires than stock, you need a TruSpeed and now is the best time ever to order!

The price on all TruSpeed models is $181.46 and FREE SHIPPING from now untill August 30th, 2005. Simply order through our website at http://www.4wheelcustoms.com/Products.asp?Cat=1215 by choosing your application or call 417-881-8747.

Order Today!
    Chris Darnell
    4 Wheel Customs, Inc.
    417-881-8747
    www.4wheelcustoms.com

whats the benifit of this over changing your speedo gear? Thanks.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I think after '02 DC omitted the speedo gear and went with computer programmed speedometer.I've got the same one above and it works great.

Comment

Speedo gear

Changing your speedo gear isn't nearly as precise as a computer module, not to mention was was just said... The TruSpeed allows you to calibrate your speed even with larger tires, different gears, etc which changing the speedo gear would never accomplish.
        Chris Darnell
        4 Wheel Customs, Inc.
        417-881-8747
        www.4wheelcustoms.com

Comment

uum, i just changed the speedo gear in my '04 Unlimited with a gear from DC, just like i have done in my '00...speedo recalibrated with GPS to within +/- 2 mph..low
          '04 Unlimited

Test vehicle for Toys by Troy products, oh yeah, and I had to pay for the parts

Comment

Doesn't DC still use cable driven speedo's on the NP231 cases? I know the NP241's (in the rubicons, 3/4 ton+ Rams, and Power Wagon), don't use a mechanically driven speedo...meaning there is no gear to change out......it is a magnetic pickup (Hall effect sensor, IIRC), so you need a electronic "box" to correct the speedo, or have the PCM programmed for the larger tire size.
            olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

I think cable driven speedos went out along time ago. Maybe its a NP241 thing.
              [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
              SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
              Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I know the super short conversion for the SYE carries a pickup style sensor that you have to convert to.
                I wondered why Jeep was still using a gear type
                censored for having an opinion

Comment

I don't have the speedo gear but I can't understand why the reading can't be calibrated by programming the computer. It would seem like an obvious feature to have built in.

But I kind of like the fact that my milage is staying low ... I'll probably do something after the warranty period is over.
                  03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
                  "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

Working...
                  X