Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colorado, Carnage canyon, Holycross and one more I got to find the name for.

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Colorado, Carnage canyon, Holycross and one more I got to find the name for.

Me and some East coast friends are headed to Colorado the last week of July. Most of them will do milder stuff, some will go expeeience some of the best that Colorado has to offer and I am not talking about wacky weed.Anyway if some of my hardly ever go wheelin friends are in the mood for some adventure and great wheelin here is alink to the shindigMy buddy Luciano did a really nice job putting this togetherEither coming or going I want to hit Moab, finish a few trails there and take another stab at Helldorado and some of the other fun stuff. So that being said, are there still a few folks here up for some quality outdoor time and adventure?http://www.jeep-owner.com/index.php/topic,533.0.html

I maybe down for this... Plan for this year is going to Easter Jeep Safari in Moab, then driving my tow rig and Jeep to my buddy's place in Denver, CO. Fly home and wait for that white cold crap to melt... Fly out in the summer for some epic wheeling. We haven't planned any wheeling trip yet, but will soon after EJS.
    Went out last year for a couple trips to ride passenger, did Carnage, Holycross which had there fun spots.. Montrose, CO WoW is all I can say.. Trails like DeathRow and Boulder Canyon (Expect to work). If you like a challenge this is worth the trip. Lots of other trails also, not as difficult. I've got a ton of video to edit from my trip, try and get it posted up soon.

Comment

Lets get something worked out, I am good for some Colorado rock crawling, the more crazy trails the better

Comment

sounds good... I need some more reasons to work less

Comment

What trail book is your friend using? Found it....
          Last edited by Mikegyver1; 01-05-15, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Skeeter your more than welcome to join, the ole YJ bas to make it out of Brothers parking lot first

Comment

It's been at Leadfoot since early October...haha...

Comment

You are actually getting a decent suspension built for it?

Comment

Woo! Colorado!
                  :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                    You are actually getting a decent suspension built for it?
                    I saw it near the Ocotillo phone booth last weekend, someone is using it.

Comment

I guess these are some of the trails I want to tackle

Holy Cross
                      Wheeler Lake
                      Carnage Canyon/Chinaman (you can do both in one day if you have a good group)
                      Penrose system-best for buggies

Haven't decided yet if I want to vist Moab for area BFE first or on the way back
                      Last edited by aw12345; 04-06-15, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Which day does that work out to be for Holy Cross? It may be a good shakedown run for our Silverton trip.
                        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                          I guess these are some of the trails I want to tackle

Holy Cross
                          Wheeler Lake
                          Carnage Canyon/Chinaman (you can do both in one day if you have a good group)
                          Penrose system-best for buggies

Haven't decided yet if I want to vist Moab for area BFE first or on the way back
                          Looks like fun. For some reason I don't think my Jeep is cut out for the harder stuff. Well, maybe the Jeep is but I'm not. Can't wait to see your photos and videos from this trip, it sounds like it's going to be awesome.
                          USMC F&AM

Comment

Did you firm up the dates you will be out there? I need to purchase my tickets I'll check your other link too

Comment

Just read on the other forum AW12345 isn't going . Anyone else still planning on going end of July?

Comment

Working...
                              X