Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

forest road 359 above boulder (gross reservoir)

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forest road 359 above boulder (gross reservoir)

Howdy folks, i'm new to mjr and thought i'd post my first trail review. The trail is forest road 359 down to gross reservoir above boulder.
    Very nice trail indeed, gets you to a lesser seen area of the res. some very steep sections but I had no problems with an almost stock cherokee. The trail starts with a deeply rutted path then starts dropping into the trees, lots of fun little playground areas and very nice views of the res. There are many spots along the trail for excellent camping and recreation oppurtunities. At the end of the trail (about 4 miles) it puts you right next to the res. and provides many fishing spots (the tiger muskie will shock you) .
    Directions from Boulder:
    Go west up boulder canyon hwy 119 until magnolia road. left on magnolia. Continue on magnolia until it turns to dirt follow until you see county rd 68 take a left here, follow for about two miles until you see the trailhead on your right.
    F.Y.I the most recent Delormes atlas and gazetteer has F.R. 359 marked wrong, it does come off of C.R. 68, not C.R. 97 E
    Happy Trails
    Eaton
Working...
X