Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve, Tommy and Ron, I just want to thank you for the parts and the helping (skillful) hands in putting the shakle hanger back on my CJ. I hope you guys had a great run on JB, and I am sorry we could not continue. The fix got us home and I am now in the process of ordering a bunch of parts from Currie. Shakles F&R, Hangers F&R, steering box brace. and the spring plate that we broke the shock off of. All in all it was a productive day. I look forward to running with you guys in the future.

Thanks again.
    Rubi,5sp, Gold, OME lift, Viair 450H SwayLoc, JKS 1.25" BL & 1" MM , GY 285/75-16 MTR's. Warn 9500Ti, dual Yellow Optima's, Nth' 1.25"drop TT /UCA's, T W DS, JKS F&R LCA's, M.O.R.E H C Front Bumper.

Comment

bigrick! what happened? have some fun in the rock garden?

how was the rest of the run, guys? sorry we couldn't make it - rick got his 35's mounted today so we're ready to rock the next run.
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Sarah, I of course drive the Rubi which has very little problems with Gld Mtn, but my son drives the CJ 7. He does a great job and has done this trail before without a problem. Today I think he caught the lower rear shock mount on one of the steps and broke it clean off. So before we got to the rock garden the tools came out to remove the hanging shock. We walked through the garden with no problems, so we thought. Has we were coming down the north side, my son said the jeep was making stange noises and felt a little unstable. We stoped at the main fire road to take a look and found the left front shackle hanger had broke clean at the frame. TommyT had a hanger in his box, all though it was for the rear, now is that not looking a gift horse in the mouth. Between the group it was patched up enough to get us home. Rmagoo said it looked like it had been cracked for some time and finally failed. I only bought this CJ this year and it is bone stock. I am rebuiling it on piece at a time. So I just ordered $550 in hangers, shackles, and stuff from Currie so that I will not need this trial fix next time, and I will be the one with the extra stock hangers in my box to pass on to the next one who has the same fate.

It was a very nice day, we got to some Cal Trans work for a group in front of us. They were taking a bone stock 89 wrangler up this trail with street only tires, and this was the drivers first time off road. Heavy on the gas, and we just kept building a road in front of him until they got up the hill. But it was good exersize!

See you on the trail.
        Rubi,5sp, Gold, OME lift, Viair 450H SwayLoc, JKS 1.25" BL & 1" MM , GY 285/75-16 MTR's. Warn 9500Ti, dual Yellow Optima's, Nth' 1.25"drop TT /UCA's, T W DS, JKS F&R LCA's, M.O.R.E H C Front Bumper.

Comment

wow, hopefully you needed to replace those parts anyway ... glad to hear you were able to make it home in one piece. rick built his cj up from pretty much stock, so if you have any questions along the way he'd be a good one to ask.

it's amazing what you'll find people doing out there on the trails! sounds wild - got any pixs?

Comment

We Had A Blast.....

....on the Gold Mountian and John Bull trails! We made it without incident, but I must admit I was pretty scared when I saw the rock hill at the start of the trail. The guys that BigRick talked about with the stock Wrangler were at the bottom of the hill staring kinda glossy eyed thinking on fools would try this. I guess that we fit the bill! My friend Steve, with an open front CJ5 walked right up. I was next. Got stuck on my nerf bar at the bottom, but backed up and then went right up. The "Big Red Jeep" went everywhere, just like driving on the freeway! Ron had very little challange on either trail. We had a CJ, TJ, and Yj, and it was interesting seeing the differences between them. I was pretty darned impressed with what BigRick's CJ7 could do in stock form! I'm glad we could fix him up, and get him back home. What goes around, comes around!

Comment

beautiful day in big bear

heres a link to some pics i took of the day on gold mountain and john bull. i want to say i had a great day, we met up with big rick and his wife and son , they are great people. i was more than pleased with the way this jeep drives. its very capable. any way thanks to everyone, for a great day, as sarah would say, WE ROCKED!!!!!

Comment

awesome! rockin'! can't wait to meet up with you guys on the next run!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigRick
                  I only bought this CJ this year and it is bone stock. I am rebuiling it on piece at a time. So I just ordered $550 in hangers, shackles, and stuff from Currie so that I will not need this trial fix next time, and I will be the one with the extra stock hangers in my box to pass on to the next one who has the same fate.
                  Same deal here,I started with my cj7 in may.And it has become a darn good trail jeep.once I get my solid shafts in the rear amc 20,I will have more confidence in the jeep.Until then,hope to see you guys out on the trail.

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                    I may have to come out to try my newly locked front end. will advise.

:mad: :confused:

Comment

Originally posted by jim79cj7
                      :mad: :confused:
                      well, you see... when you send an e-mail asking what day and what price... and you don't get a reply... sometimes you make other plans. I can't stand parts sitting around in my apt waiting to be put in.

sorry, nothin' personal.
                      myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

nice pics..
                        I'm gonna try to go wheeling with you guys next time

- 1995 Wrangler 2.5L Rio Grande
                        - Tera Low T-case 4:1
                        - 5" Procomp Coil Spring Conversion
                        - ARB rear locker
                        - Advance Adapters HD SYE & HD drive shaft
                        - 4.0 TB
                        - 8mm spark plugs wire, platium +4 sparks plug
                        - MSD Coil
                        - Sanden OBA / 2.5 Gallon tank
                        - 32" BFgoodrich MT KM
                        - K&N filter
                        - Flowmaster
                        - http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289014783
                        - http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289209255
                        - http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290317405

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                          well, you see... when you send an e-mail asking what day and what price... and you don't get a reply... sometimes you make other plans. I can't stand parts sitting around in my apt waiting to be put in.

sorry, nothin' personal.
                          Well no offense takin but stick a sock in it !

Comment

Working...
                          X