Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sarah
    I'm sure we'll be tent camping, or getting a hotel or something. Our plans are definitely going to be last minute. Do the cabins come with showers or are they community showers?
    The website says "3 bathouses" I would guess that means community showers.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
      I'm sure we'll be tent camping, or getting a hotel or something. Our plans are definitely going to be last minute. Do the cabins come with showers or are they community showers?
      the cabins are just for sleeping,with heat & ac,there is no water.the community wash rooms are not bad,and they have good hot showers
      95 GC 4.5 RE,adjustable UCA/LCA,32's,456's,tru-trac up front,trac-lock rear,and other goodies

Comment

well I finally got of my butt and reserved my cabin. I'm there through saturday night the 29th.:yay:
        Last edited by blkTJ; 01-10-04, 04:51 AM.
        myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

this thread has been dormant for far to long. here's some more pics to keep your interest up...

lunch stop on Hell's Revenge...

sisters at Gemini Bridges...

I've also learned that Trail Crew is doing their trip the first week of May. I hope all of you will be joining us at the end of May. Please let us know if your plans have changed.
          myJeeprocks.com

Comment

it's been over a week... here's another...(this ones for you Sully.) :yay:

That's Gold Bar Rim... not a place you wanna forget if your in forward or reverse.
            Last edited by blkTJ; 01-19-04, 03:49 AM.
            myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
              it's been over a week... here's another...(this ones for you Sully.) :yay:

That's Gold Bar Rim... not a place you wanna forget if your in forward or reverse.
              that is a great picture!
              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
              ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

GOTTA LOVE MOAB!
                GoinCmndo is getting married this may and we told him that he'd better plan it around this trip!! LMAO
                :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
                  that is a great picture!
                  thanks Erik.
                  myJeeprocks.com

Comment

That is an awesome pic, I have one kinda like it from the other side of the valley on Porcupine Rim. Just saw this thread, thanks to Sarah. My wife and I just happen to have reservations at Archview Campground for May 22nd-30th. Lookin forward to meeting a good number of you I hope.
                    35" MTRs, Ox Lockers, bellyup, cage, stuff + things... blah, blah, blah . <><

Comment

The Missus and me will be going up to that part of the country in the same week. We would be delighted to participate in some of the same runs as the rest of the MJR crew. Don't know quite what the schedule will be however as we will be doing some backcountry camping in Canyonlands NP.

Is there a way we might hook up with the rest of y'all? Perhaps a bulletin board on the outside of one of the cabin doors? Otherwise, I might just leave my mobile number with someone from MJR.

Will there be a trip/caravan coordinator?
                      What will be the CB/FRS/2m freqs used by the MJR group?

Just curious as I am sure there will be plenty of people rolling into town at different times.

BTW, how safe is Moab? Is it a doorless topless tools-in-the-back type of place? I noticed that all of the Jeeps had doors in the pics? Is it more of an AC issue?
                      Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
                      2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

well its time to get the jeep ready for this this years trip.I'll be putting a tru-trac up front and rebuilding the rear trac-lock good an tight.i'll also be adding a new lift to be at 51/2 in with all ajustable control arms.All new rancho 9000,s with in cab ajustments and a new front bumper.Got my new rims & tires a month ago, so who's ready to play .I'll be there sat-wed leaving thursday morning. can't wait
                        95 GC 4.5 RE,adjustable UCA/LCA,32's,456's,tru-trac up front,trac-lock rear,and other goodies

Comment

Jmbrowning,
                          I'll send the yellow banner with blktj so it will be obvious where our camp is. Also, the front window stickers are hard to miss. While in town, mobile phones should work fine. Blktj probably has the most experience with which CB channel would work the best out there, and I thinkt hat he's kind of taken the initiative to 'heads up' this trip. I think he'll also be there the longest. As for doors, we had ours off! If you get stuck out there too long and it turns to evening it can get a little chilly.
                          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by jmbrowning
                            The Missus and me will be going up to that part of the country in the same week. We would be delighted to participate in some of the same runs as the rest of the MJR crew. Don't know quite what the schedule will be however as we will be doing some backcountry camping in Canyonlands NP.

Is there a way we might hook up with the rest of y'all? Perhaps a bulletin board on the outside of one of the cabin doors? Otherwise, I might just leave my mobile number with someone from MJR.

Will there be a trip/caravan coordinator?
                            What will be the CB/FRS/2m freqs used by the MJR group?

Just curious as I am sure there will be plenty of people rolling into town at different times.

BTW, how safe is Moab? Is it a doorless topless tools-in-the-back type of place? I noticed that all of the Jeeps had doors in the pics? Is it more of an AC issue?
                            Glad to hear your gonna be in the area. Look forward to having you join the group when you can.

We will be at Slickrock campground, easy to spot as you come into town. Maybe just a mile or so from the entrance to arches if I remember correctly. Right (west?) side of the street. I'll put the banner on the front of my cabin if it'll help. I'm sure you'll recognize the Jeeps.

as far as the runs go... we'll be leaving from camp each day at 9am (maybe earlier for psnspdr, gldn spk, gld br rm). as long as you get there before that, there shouldn't be a problem. I guess I could pick a CB channel... ummm... how 'bout lucky number 7. all I've got is the CB so the other freq.s mean nothing. I also know that my sprint phone will not have service there.

as far as saftey... it's a small town... I'd like to say everything will be safe... of course I can't guarentee that. I will say that last year I left my wrenches and spare parts in my Jeep with the doors unlocked and a soft top on. nothing was stolen.

as far as weather... the doors were on last year because it was kinda chilly at times. we'll be there 3 weeks later than we were last year so I'm hoping the weather will be a bit warmer. I plan on running without doors all week this time.
                            myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by scubatch
                              well its time to get the jeep ready for this this years trip.I'll be putting a tru-trac up front and rebuilding the rear trac-lock good an tight.i'll also be adding a new lift to be at 51/2 in with all ajustable control arms.All new rancho 9000,s with in cab ajustments and a new front bumper.Got my new rims & tires a month ago, so who's ready to play .I'll be there sat-wed leaving thursday morning. can't wait
                              great Jeff!!!:yay: what about John??? is he coming???

we'll make sure we do psn spdr, gldn spk, gld br rm early in the week. I know it killed you to have to "ride along" on that one.

lookin' forward to seein' that new lift and tires. what size/type did you go with??? more BFGs???
                              myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by DrewTJ
                                That is an awesome pic, I have one kinda like it from the other side of the valley on Porcupine Rim. Just saw this thread, thanks to Sarah. My wife and I just happen to have reservations at Archview Campground for May 22nd-30th. Lookin forward to meeting a good number of you I hope.
                                It'll be great to have you along. I've only been out there once before so if you know some of the trails I haven't done feel free to suggest and lead one. I'm pretty much thinking we'll stick to steel bender, hell's revenge and psn spdr-gldn spk-gld br rm for the first 3 days but after that I'm open to suggestions.
                                myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Working...
                                X