Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately I will probably be on a 2 month sea cruise at that time. :mad:

Couple of questions thou..
    Is there some place to park a tow rig (not RV) at the start of this and come back to the same spot?

Anymore links to sites in the area?

Thanks
    BullDog Dave
    Keep the rubber side down (mostly)
    1975 CJ-5 (Partially)

Comment

Originally posted by BullDog
      Unfortunately I will probably be on a 2 month sea cruise at that time. :mad:

Couple of questions thou..
      Is there some place to park a tow rig (not RV) at the start of this and come back to the same spot?

Anymore links to sites in the area?

Thanks
      Moab is nothing like the rubicon. We will be based out of a campground doing day runs and be back for dinner, drinks, bs etc... Unless we decide to finish out the week with an overnighter through "hole in the rock". I could be talked into that. :yay:
      myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Hi Everybody, Just talked to Slickrock, they are not taking any reservations until after Nov 1. They have a total of 14 cabins, so make sure to reserve early if you need one. Tent camping sites should not be an issue, as they have many. Hey Brian, I may be up for Hole in the Rock, its on my list of trails to do, and sounds like it would be a great trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Qubicon
          Hi Everybody, Just talked to Slickrock, they are not taking any reservations until after Nov 1. They have a total of 14 cabins, so make sure to reserve early if you need one. Tent camping sites should not be an issue, as they have many. Hey Brian, I may be up for Hole in the Rock, its on my list of trails to do, and sounds like it would be a great trip.
          Is it possible to go in together on a cabin? How much are they? I can sleep in the corner. Will bring my own bed.

Comment

Pencil me in as well I really want to go don't care what work says!

Comment

Cool!!! I was afraid this might be to early for you. right on!!!:yay:
              myJeeprocks.com

Comment

I've been considering which trails to run. I've only done a few, but would like to do some of them again. Here's what I'm thinkin'...

Sunday... Steel Bender
                Monday... Hell's Revenge
                Tuesday... Poison Spider, Golden Spike, Gold Bar rim
                Wednesday-Saturday... ???

Cliffhanger? Moab Rim? Hole in the Rock? Needles district of Canyonlands?

Ofcourse when we've got some time we've got to check out PS hill and Gemini Bridges. Maybe Arches NP.

Whadaya think?
                Last edited by blkTJ; 10-27-03, 12:57 AM.
                myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Sorry, but my Cabin's full Got a girlfreind (Pagona) and dog (Gretchen) who have already reserved their spot. Anybody else help the lady in need? Last year, we had one guy bring his RV, and 2 others tent camped in his site, may be an option for the people that are going to tent camp. As for which trails to run, I'm pretty much open to anything. I'd also be happy to lead a run or two if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                    I've been considering which trails to run. I've only done a few, but would like to do some of them again. Here's what I'm thinkin'...

Sunday... Steel Bender
                    Monday... Hell's Revenge
                    Tuesday... Poison Spider, Golden Spike, Gold Bar rim
                    Wednesday-Saturday... ???

Cliffhanger? Moab Rim? Hole in the Rock? Needles district of Canyonlands?

Ofcourse when we've got some time we've got to check out PS hill and Gemini Bridges. Maybe Arches NP.

Whadaya think?
                    I WILL have better tires and wheels by then. But this is starting to scare me. I have seen photos of some of those spots. Shudder to think.

Comment

Don't Worry, Its only as tough as you want to make it. As for the trail names, they are supposed to scare you.

Comment

It still looks like i'm in.It will most likely only be for 4 days.
                        95 GC 4.5 RE,adjustable UCA/LCA,32's,456's,tru-trac up front,trac-lock rear,and other goodies

Comment

just to keep the interest up... here's a pic of hell's gate on hell's revenge from last year...

photo courtesy of Alex

that's my favorite co-pilot of all time, Becka, in the background... yes Dave... I've already e-mailed her about the trip.

the rest of last years photos can be seen here.
                          enjoy.
                          myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Brian...do you think that Em can handle this?

Tam
                            2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                            Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal

Tam
                              most definately. we had John last year do just fine with a TJ on 33s open front and rear. For the most part it's easier than the rubicon with steeper inclines and more off-camber stuff. Em will be fine.
                              myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal

Tam
                                Tam,

I'm wondering if I have those tires and wheels I am getting this weekend plus a small lift if ol' Blackjack can handle it. If there's not a lot of big boulders or if I can avoid them I think it will work. I am also not as afraid of hills like I used to be. I forgot that Jeeps can climb like goats.

Comment

Working...
                                X