Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the idea of an extra day to get acclimated to the "Real World" again. This is enough time for me to make the arrangements to go. Lets Go!

Comment

Originally posted by Qubicon
      I like the idea of an extra day to get acclimated to the "Real World" again. This is enough time for me to make the arrangements to go. Lets Go!
      Ditto.

Comment

IT'S A GO! :yay:
        myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
          IT'S A GO! :yay:
          Calendared.
          Last edited by blkTJ; 02-06-04, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by qwiksilver

How far is it from LA?
            took me 12hrs there following an RV towing a Jeep. It can be done in 10hrs averaging 75-80mph.
            myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
              took me 12hrs there following an RV towing a Jeep. It can be done in 10hrs averaging 75-80mph.
              I tend not to push the Jeep past 75 and average between 65 and 75, so add an hour or hour and a half. Then there are powder room stops and nibbles to get (I don't like to eat and drive). Yep, 11 hours. Not bad. I like to drive. Especially where I haven't been before. (I am definately one of those people who would rather do a road trip than fly - it's all about the journey; not the destination.)

Thanks for the help.

Comment

It's official on my calendar, who else is coming? As for the drive to and from, if you like spectacular scenery, then you can take an extra day and drive through Zion and Escalante National Parks. They're worth seeing, but it does add some time to the drive. It took me 10 hours to get home last year, at a 70-75 average, with a couple rest stops direct from Moab to LA.

Comment

rick is checking into his work schedule, we're tentatively in.
                  :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Moab sounds good to us! The dates seem to be OK. Pencil the Baja Sixers in please!

Comment

I just asked the boss for the time off, shouldn't be a problem. Does anybody wish to Caravan on the way up? I'm not sure if I'm going to take the direct route, or the scenic, but am open to either.

Comment

Originally posted by Qubicon
                        I just asked the boss for the time off, shouldn't be a problem. Does anybody wish to Caravan on the way up? I'm not sure if I'm going to take the direct route, or the scenic, but am open to either.
                        Might be safer for me to caravan. Not that I have ever had any trouble at gas stations and such. I always carry a cell phone, charging cord and AAA card for emergencies.
                        Last edited by blkTJ; 02-06-04, 03:06 AM.

Comment

I'm not sure what my Friday will be like. I think we can make final caravan plans as the time grows closer.
                          myJeeprocks.com

Comment

erik, you in on this one? i lost track.
                            Last edited by blkTJ; 02-06-04, 03:07 AM.

Comment

On a more serious note, lets talk accomodations. Slickrock is where I plan to stay. The first year, I tented it there. The spot was covered(good thing, cause it rained), but for an extra $5 a day we could have been in a heated cabin with beds. Not that I mind tent camping, but for the extra cash, its not even worth setting up the tent. Oh yeah, the showers have good water pressure, and are hot for the most part. The campground has a group area for eating etc.. and last I heard was free to use if arrangements are made for it. Dogs are welcome, Gretchen was off leash for most of the week. I'm going to call for price and availability tomorrow, and will post the info then.

Comment

I noticed that too, that the cabins weren't much more money. It'd be great to not have to bring a tent, sleeping bags, etc ... more room for other necesities on this long trip. I think we'd be in for a cabin too. (When Rick figures out if he can get time off or not.)

Comment

Working...
                                X