• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOOHOOOO!! that rocks!!
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Moab in May or June?

Count me in if it can be arranged around a Wednesday - Sunday long weekend. May be difficult to be away from work longer.

Black 94 GC V-8 5.2
      6" Orgs lift (4 1/2" + 1 1/2" Accos spacers)
      33" MTR's
      Borla Headers & Exhaust
      Orgs Supernerf Rock Sliders
      Rancho 9000SRx Shocks w/ On-Board Pump
      Twin City Dual Air w/ Map-Guide
      Jks Disco's
      15# Power-Tank CO2
      Kevins Radiator Support Bracket with Tow Hookls
      CB with 8' whip & tie down

Working on getting both front and rear locked.

Keep me posted.

Scubatch got me started on Rock Crawling. He's a good driver.

Looking forward to meeting up with you all.

Comment

welcome ZJ! this moab trip is going to ROCK!

blktj, where do you want to camp? we camped last time at kane's creek campground and we moved to a hotel for showers at the end of the trip. i'm not sure if kane's had facilities, if they were they were across the street. one thing's for sure, i wasn't jumping in that dirty-a55 river!

Comment

Slickrock campground has small cabins, hookups for RVs, tent camping spots and most importantly SHOWERS!!! It wasn't bad. I vote for that unless someone has a better idea.

Oh, and just so everyone understands the intended time table. I plan on this being a week long event. I will leave for Moab Friday night. Not sure if I'll stop somewhere or drive straight through. Wheeling will start on Sunday and continue through the next Saturday (if not Sunday). If you can't make it for the entire week, show up when you can.
          myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

There are "rent-a-showers" at the base of Lions Back. $4 per hot shower. It makes camping a little nicer when you can clean up every day or two. There are also campsites there too....$7 per day, and come with a free shower (there are a couple of porta-crappers there too).

Sand Flats has pit toilets and lots of campsites. $8 per day, and includes access to everything in the rec. area (the easy entrance to Hells Revenge, Fins-N-Things, some great hiking, etc).

Sand Flats has worked for us the past few years because of the large groups sites it has. We didn't have to worry about trying to fit 10 or 15 rigs into a primitive campsite during the campfire beer drinking sessions. It is also close to town and easy to find for people who come in late at night.

Of course there are lots of great primitive and semi-developed sites around, that is just what I have done in the past.
            olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Hey Brian, where is slickrock CG? And do you recall the costs?
              olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

is a pit toilet what i think it is???

kane's had alot of bugs. that's all i really remember that was bad about the place. we'll see what other input people have, and go with what sounds best. how much do the group campsites run, if anyone knows?

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimes
                  Hey Brian, where is slickrock CG? And do you recall the costs?
                  Slickrock is on the right side of the road after you cross the river on your way into town. Check out the link for prices. I have no idea what a "funpig" is.
                  myJeeprocks.com

Comment

maybe a funpig likes to have 4 bath houses, a pool and 3 jacuzzis while camping. hmm, i guess i'm a funpig. too bad they don't list group rates, we'll have to give them a call.

Comment

Hey Brian, Staying in SlickRock last year makes you a FUNPIG.
                      I did ask for an explanation last year, but forgot. Slickrock gets
                      my vote, I've stayed there a few times now, and have no bad
                      things to say. The facilities are cleaned daily, and theres even a
                      couple hot tubs Reservations are needed, and should be made
                      ASAP. Now about the dates.............who's in and when do we go?

Comment

Im pretty open...right now anyway.

Lets not forget we are planning a Rubicon trip too sometime in July.

Id like to go to both, but it would difficult to handle the expense of it close together...

Im in for Slick Rock too...not that I mind roughing it, but an entire week is totally different then three nights.

Tam
                        Last edited by blkTJ; 02-06-04, 03:03 AM.
                        2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                        Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

O.K., for the sake of argument, how about this week...

May 23rd-30th.

:confused:
                          myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                            O.K., for the sake of argument, how about this week...

May 23rd-30th.

:confused:
                            Looking....looking....that is the weekend before, week before and the weekend of Memorial Day. Could get crowded at the end, but since you will have the campsites sewn up by then, not a problem. Just more people to admire the Jeeps. And that's a good thing. You should find a way to spruce up the Jeeps for their admiring public.

I would probably be able to get part of the week off. I would prefer to drive out on Saturday/Sunday and run during the week.

How far is it from LA?

Comment

hmmm, that could be good (monday off for travel home) or bad (way to crowded).
                              myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                                hmmm, that could be good (monday off for travel home) or bad (way to crowded).
                                I would not try to get back to LA on Memorial Day itself. You would burn a tank of gas just sitting in traffic. Did that coming back from Mexico once. Ewww. Remembering that I just remembered what it smelled like with a bunch of guys who hadn't had a shower in 3 days. Lucky for me I would be coming back alone, but those of you traveling in pairs or better. Whew! Definately don't want to get stuck in traffic coming home.

I vote for driving back on Sunday and repairing/resting on Monday. But then, I haven't decided how long I want to be there. Depends on vacation time and all.

Comment

Working...
                                X