Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With all this talk of Margaritas I may have to think about attending this event.:yay:
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
      With all this talk of Margaritas I may have to think about attending this event.:yay:
      Don't forget your sock!!!!
      1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn
        Don't forget your sock!!!!
        you're BAD!
        is john coming with the keilbasa?
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
          you're BAD!
          is john coming with the keilbasa?
          John doesn't have a Jeep that runs worth anything. I don't expect to see him on the trail very soon.

Comment

Socks? Kielbasa? I'm camping over there ------->

Comment

Originally posted by qwiksilver
              Socks? Kielbasa? I'm camping over there ------->
              nothing to be afraid of
              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
              ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

that's it. now I'm not going.:mad:

J/K.:yay:
                myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Does anyone know if I need a campfire permit at PVD I have a wash-tub firepit and plenty of firewood? I am busy getting a few new items on my jeep. Last night we put CB and warn bumper on JPYJ's rig.
                  456's 2 lockers 4 disc brakes 8.8 lots of skid plates

Comment

Re: I'm going!

Well, it looks like I'm still going. I had some trouble getting the bloody time off from work! It was like pulling teeth!

After doing some poking around I'm not going to register for the event. I want to "tour" the Death Valley park's historical sites and natural phenomenoms. The PVD event doesn't visit spots such as "the racetrack", Ubehebe crater, sand dunes, Saline Valley natural hot springs, Scotty's Castle, etc.

I'll be setting up camp at the PVD base camp in Panamint Valley. I plan on leaving Long Beach sometime between 3-4am and arrive just in time for breakfast. I'll setup camp and hangout for a bit and then head out for the 1st day's tour.

If anyone is interested in joining me you're more than welcome to do so!

This is going to be an awesome weeekend making new friends and taking many scenic photos of this beautiful park!

Richard

Originally posted by m1jeep
                    I'll be there. Extremely beautiful and rich with history. I'm totally looking forward to it!

I went last year and it was sooooo windy I left after 1 full day. It was so windy that the port-o-potties blew over, my 10'x17' tent broke and it rained the entire time except during the raffle.

My advice is to bring a small low profile tent (2 man size) and bring extra fuel. I was driving to Trona after each trail ride to refuel. Aired down with a head wind I would return to camp with 3/4 of a tank left!

I'd love to meet fellow MJR wheelers out there!

Rich

Comment

ETA's for PVD?

Hello everyone! What's your ETA's to base camp? This way we know who to look for when we arrive. At the moment I'll be leaving at 3-4 am Friday morning. BUT, I'm going to see about maybe leaving Thursday evening around 8pm, setup camp and sleep in Friday morning.

[COLOR=red]M1Jeep - Friday early morning[/COLOR]

Comment

Re: ETA's for PVD?

Originally posted by m1jeep
                        Hello everyone! What's your ETA's to base camp? This way we know who to look for when we arrive. At the moment I'll be leaving at 3-4 am Friday morning. BUT, I'm going to see about maybe leaving Thursday evening around 8pm, setup camp and sleep in Friday morning.

[COLOR=red]M1Jeep - Friday early morning[/COLOR]
                        I'm looking at leaving anytime on Thursday. I took that day off and Monday too (need my beauty rest when I get back). I am just going to hang out until all the Thursday people get there.

My biggest concern is WHERE DO I CAMP? I have no clue, no idea, never been there. Right now my idea is to just pull up in whatever shade exists and snooze and read a book.

Comment

I can leave anytime Friday. I'll probably leave around noon and get there around 3-4. I'll be camping at base camp.

Comment

Re: Re: ETA's for PVD?

Originally posted by qwiksilver
                            I'm looking at leaving anytime on Thursday. I took that day off and Monday too (need my beauty rest when I get back). I am just going to hang out until all the Thursday people get there.

My biggest concern is WHERE DO I CAMP? I have no clue, no idea, never been there. Right now my idea is to just pull up in whatever shade exists and snooze and read a book.

There's no shade whatsoever in the valley/at base camp. It's just open desert with some small washed out sections. I'll keep an eyeball out for you and meet up with you either Friday early morning or if I'm motivated enough I may head out after 9pm (due to a prior obligation) Thursday night.

Comment

Originally posted by tjTerry
                              Does anyone know if I need a campfire permit at PVD I have a wash-tub firepit and plenty of firewood? I am busy getting a few new items on my jeep. Last night we put CB and warn bumper on JPYJ's rig.

No fire permit needed that I'm aware of. The wash-tub is great! Bring it along!

Rich

Comment

Chris, Tam, still leaving Thursday afternoon or evening?

Are the organizers of this shindig gonna be out there on Thursday?

Comment

Working...
                                X