Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When was everybody thinking of heading out there? Tam and I were thinking about leaving Thursday afternoon/evening. Anyone want to Jeep-a-van/meet somewhere?

[COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

depending on my schedule... i want to jeepa van.
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

dont forget the requirements!
        1. Roll bar or full cage or factory hard top
        2. Functional Parking brake or Mico-Lock
        3. Tow strap or rope. (recommend rated at 2 times the vehicle weight).
        4. First aid kit (what do you want when you are hurt?)
        5. Jack capable of lifting the vehicle and a tool capable of removing lug nuts (don't forget your wheel locks)
        6. Spare tire equal to or within 3 inches of existing tires on the vehicle. (no temporary spares).
        7. Fire extinguisher with gauge indicating good/full, appropriately stored (not a missile hazard)
        8. Seat belts for all passengers
        9. Antennas must not exceed 4'6" (54"), (except when longer antennas/whips are required by certain OHV areas). measured from mount on body, bumper, etc.
        10. Adequate attachment points front and rear, i.e., tow hooks, receiver, etc. Tow balls are generally rated for only 2,000 pounds, and that is when hooked to a trailer. They can come off with devastating results. Use with caution.
        11. Battery hold downs (no bungie cords)
        ERIK

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
          ISHAM CANYON RUN (Friday and Saturday)

Friday and Saturday Drivers’ meeting 7:30am / Run leaves 8:00am

Friday Night Drivers’ meeting 6:00pm / Run leaves 6:30pm (This gives you time to have dinner before hitting the trail.)

This is a run limited to 25 vehicles. Only short wheel base vehicles (94” or shorter), with a minimum tire size of 33”. Vehicles need to be locked front and rear, with a working winch and no tops allowed. Isham Canyon is one of the tightest, most technical trails Panamint Valley Days has to offer. There is not a lot of room for error. You are expected to help the other drivers through the trail. This run should prove to be very challenging for both driver and vehicle.

this looks interesting
          I wonder if a winch is really required? I dont plan on getting stuck. Plus, you have one Erik, so I dont need one
          Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
            I wonder if a winch is really required? I dont plan on getting stuck. Plus, you have one Erik, so I dont need one
            Ahhh, who am I kidding!! I'll probably get stuck the most
            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

i'll winch your fat a$$ out if you give me a good strapping when i need it
              i think al has it worked out where he doesnt need a winch, so. i'd imagine you could do the same.
              are you going to have your arb's up and running for this? i hope so! sign on the dotted line for this mango!
              ERIK

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
                When was everybody thinking of heading out there? Tam and I were thinking about leaving Thursday afternoon/evening. Anyone want to Jeep-a-van/meet somewhere?

I'm a Thursday person. Uh, leaving in the evening might make us run into traffic and are you into setting up tents in the dark? (It doesn't matter to me though...I have a personal headlamp. ) Let me know. I am kind of prefering to travel in a pack. (Is that what you could call a bunch of Jeeps?)

Comment

Jeep-a-Van

we'll be leaving friday after work. if anyone else is too, and heading up 395, we're not far from there and can meet you!
                  :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Ok, noticed my spare said "temporary" on it. Panic set in and I went to Pep Boys and found a real AT tire cheap. (I got the tire on sale, which I wasn't supposed to because the sale was for 4 tires, but that's why I keep the Kill-For-Me Red lipstick in the Jeep.)

The guy who is going to put the spare on my rim pulls the Jeep into the bay and pops the hood. Needless to say I was on him like a Jeeper on a free lift (labor included). He said he heard a noise. I told him to get back there where the spare is located. He said he wanted to check the oil. I told him to leave it. It's under warranty. Took 5 minutes and the threat calling his boss over to get his happy butt back to where the spare was.

When he was done and I was having the vehicle signed out, I noticed he put 19,637 miles down and that the vehicle needed diagnostics. It took me 10 minutes of arguing and a trip out to the Jeep to finally get the correct milage (1967) and an apology from the manager.

The down side of Kill-For-Me Red lipstick. The mechanics think you are an idiot.

All this because CA4WD said no temp spares.

Comment

pep boys ... you need to go to america's tire!! funny story. glad you're in shape now for the run. (don't forget the lipstick!)

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                        pep boys ... you need to go to america's tire!! funny story. glad you're in shape now for the run. (don't forget the lipstick!)
                        We have a Pep Boys on Hollywood Boulevard. Back in my 280Z days it was great. Catch the subway at my house and get off at Pep Boys. Now that's convenience!

Comment

this should light your way: watch for it when you get to the event!

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                            this should light your way: watch for it when you get to the event!
                            Whoo Hoo! Us little moths will head for that light!

Comment

QS,
                              I use Jose Quervo Gold mix and tequilla. I like them on the Rocks, but I could bring a blender if anyone wants, just let me know.

tjT
                              456's 2 lockers 4 disc brakes 8.8 lots of skid plates

Comment

Originally posted by tjTerry
                                QS,
                                I use Jose Quervo Gold mix and tequilla. I like them on the Rocks, but I could bring a blender if anyone wants, just let me know.

tjT
                                Y'all got it! A bottle of our friend Jose.

Comment

Working...
                                X