Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sarah
    crick, everyone just kinda camps wherever, and the bonfire is the fun area. just as long as people don't camp 3 feet from my tent, i'm happy!!
    I am just wondering how they do the camping thing up there. At Oceano people seemed to camp in groups.

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
      damn! i had big plans to camp right at your tent door ... are you sure that isnt ok?
      well, last time some one did that their tent flapped all night and we had to listen to it. your tent is huge - we can just share!!
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by qwiksilver
        I am just wondering how they do the camping thing up there. At Oceano people seemed to camp in groups.

That is what we do. We'll set up a big site so everyone can be in the same area. I was thinking of a regular camp ground instead of open desert camping.
        1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn
          That is what we do. We'll set up a big site so everyone can be in the same area. I was thinking of a regular camp ground instead of open desert camping.
          I still don't know if some go up on Thursday night or wait until Friday morning. I don't mind open desert camping. I kind of prefer the more primative life. I think having the Jeep with me is very civilized.

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn
            Where's the nearest campground? My wife would be happy to hear about that. She grew up camping in travel trailers and motorhomes. She loves the actual sound of running water
            It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
            and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

I'm pretty used to open desert camping now Still prefer the campground scene I guess old habits are hard to break. Anyways, we just sent in our registration for this event. We'll be there as long as the part for the Jeep works. We'll be getting it by the end of this week. Only $23 for the part and shipping.
              1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
              Glad to be back in California!

Comment

I am planning on arriving on Thursday afternoon before dark. I spoke with one of the contacts for the event, said there is a lots of open desert camping at site. I will not be to far off the entrance road as I do not offroad the motorhome too far. I will try to fine a area with lots of camping room around if anyone wants to camp near. Look for a Bounder motorhome with white enclosed trailer ( Miracle Motorsports) with blue lettering. I have a flashing yellow construction light to help find me after dark. Even if you camp somewhere else stop by for happy hour Margarita.
                I plan on the defense mine run on Friday. It has a few tough areas with bypasses.
                456's 2 lockers 4 disc brakes 8.8 lots of skid plates

Comment

Originally posted by tjTerry
                  I am planning on arriving on Thursday afternoon before dark. I spoke with one of the contacts for the event, said there is a lots of open desert camping at site. I will not be to far off the entrance road as I do not offroad the motorhome too far. I will try to fine a area with lots of camping room around if anyone wants to camp near. Look for a Bounder motorhome with white enclosed trailer ( Miracle Motorsports) with blue lettering. I have a flashing yellow construction light to help find me after dark. Even if you camp somewhere else stop by for happy hour Margarita.
                  I plan on the defense mine run on Friday. It has a few tough areas with bypasses.
                  Ok, I'm there. What kind of tequila do you like in your Margarita's? I'll grab a bottle before I leave.

Comment

we're going to have the 6' yellow MyJeepRocks.com banner with us and I'm going to try to have some MJR 'directional signs' made up too, so no one has any problem finding the group. I'll also try and remember the caution tape, just in case.

tjterry, you'll beat us there, we probably won't be on the road until Friday afternoon/evening. margaritas? we'll DEFINITELY be sure we find you!!

Comment

we're going to have the 6' yellow MyJeepRocks.com banner with us and I'm going to try to have some MJR 'directional signs' made up too, so no one has any problem finding the group. I'll also try and remember the caution tape, just in case.

tjterry, you'll beat us there, we probably won't be on the road until Friday afternoon/evening. margaritas? we'll DEFINITELY be sure we find you!!
                      Sounds like a Happy Camper Situation is about to happen!

Comment

Looks like Tammy and I are in for this one. Not sure if we'll be taking one Jeep or two

YAY

[COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

YAY!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
                            ISHAM CANYON RUN (Friday and Saturday)
                            This is a run limited to 25 vehicles. Only short wheel base vehicles (94” or shorter), with a minimum tire size of 33”. Vehicles need to be locked front and rear, with a working winch and no tops allowed.
                            we're not locked

Comment

we're not locked
                              Sometimes the best of us aren't.

Comment

hehehe. yeah!!

the MJR tees will be ready for panamint, if you'd like to call dibs on a color and your size, respond to this thread: http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...=&threadid=764

i'm sure we'll get some extra standard tees to hold us over until the next batch.

Comment

Working...
                                X