Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hahaha, that would be cool! it's hard to find a good pic to "smiley" tho. cripe, mine is horrible.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I like mine.:yay: what a goof.
      myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Hooray!! Vacation time for PVD finally got approved!
        It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
        and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

Originally posted by king4wd
          Wheee! It would have been sad if the person who told me about PVD couldn't go.

Comment

Originally posted by king4wd
            Yes, it has been approved. Yippee! I got one question though. Who can I get in touch with to let them know that I could help with First Aid/ CPR? I had to be certified due to my daycare. Any thoughts, advice, or whatever will help (from anyone!).

Thanks in advance!

Note: I'm trying to behave!
            1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
            Glad to be back in California!

Comment

My money is on it's way. I'm also doing the BBQ.
              1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Al, are you going on Friday night on Friday morning, I gotta leave after work on Friday night- Or early Saturday morning.
                Will take me about 3 hours to get there I think.
                Kirk
                1997 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

Originally posted by Cetrov
                  Al, are you going on Friday night on Friday morning, I gotta leave after work on Friday night- Or early Saturday morning.
                  You are in Lancaster and it's going to take you 3 hours? I am in LA and it will take me how long?

When is everyone going up there? I heard there are runs on Friday. Is anyone going on those?

Oh yeah, is everyone camping on their own or together? I know nothing about the site and don't know about the camping situation. I am also trying to decide on a tent situation. Bivy? Dome? Fly? Fly over Dome? Fly over Bivy? (yeah, I have too many tents for one small person)

Comment

usually there a group or 2 of campers... some members of the group get along better than others you have the party animal section and the tea tottler section, and sometimes a section inbetween
                    as far as tents go.. i'd choose one that can take a bit of wind. from what i understand, it can get pretty windy there.
                    looking forward to meeting you
                    i plan to leave sometime on friday.. it really depends on how my schedule plays out on that day, and the day before. that will dictate the time i leave on friday.
                    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
                      usually there a group or 2 of campers... some members of the group get along better than others you have the party animal section and the tea tottler section, and sometimes a section inbetween
                      as far as tents go.. i'd choose one that can take a bit of wind. from what i understand, it can get pretty windy there.
                      looking forward to meeting you
                      i plan to leave sometime on friday.. it really depends on how my schedule plays out on that day, and the day before. that will dictate the time i leave on friday.
                      Hmmm. The bivy is the lowest profile (22" total height). Looks like a nylon coffin. The dome is fairly stable and can be weighted as well as staked. I would only use the fly if it looked like it was going to rain and then use it over the top of the other tent to provide extra weather proofing. It can be staked to ride the wind. It was staked to ride the onshore wind at Oceano and did so very nicely using sandbags. When I spent 15 hours trapped in a 22" tall tent in the rain last May, I swore I would get something I could stand up in that didn't weigh a ton. I found a 12'x12' tarp tent (24 oz) that can be tied in a dozen different ways, that can be used as a backup shelter for the tents and provide a cooking area.

I guess you could put me in the Teetotaler section. I can always walk to the party section for a small nightcap and walk back to get some quiet for sleeping. I don't want to try the trails hung over.

I have Thursday off so I can leave just about any time. I was just wondering if anyone was going to camp up there on Thursday night or if that is allowed. I guess I can email Val Henry about it.

How long do you think it will take you to get up there? Lakewood is not that far from me. Just a skip and jump down the 110 and 405.

Comment

here is a map quest picture of the location.... pretty close, anyway

6: Merge onto I-605 N. 3.11 miles

7: Merge onto I-5 N toward LOS ANGELES. 38.94 miles

8: Merge onto CA-14 N toward PALMDALE/ LANCASTER. 68.25 miles

9: Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto CA-58. 0.17 miles

10: Turn LEFT onto L ST. 0.31 miles

11: Turn RIGHT onto PANAMINT ST. 0.13 miles

Total Estimated Time: Total Distance: 113.35 miles
                        1 hour, 55 minutes

well, here it is from my house. so i figure 2-2.5 hours pending traffic. dont over think the tent just bring something to sleep in that can handle a bit of wind.
                        ERIK

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341

here is a map quest picture of the location.... pretty close, anyway

6: Merge onto I-605 N. 3.11 miles

7: Merge onto I-5 N toward LOS ANGELES. 38.94 miles

8: Merge onto CA-14 N toward PALMDALE/ LANCASTER. 68.25 miles

9: Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto CA-58. 0.17 miles

10: Turn LEFT onto L ST. 0.31 miles

11: Turn RIGHT onto PANAMINT ST. 0.13 miles

Total Estimated Time: Total Distance: 113.35 miles
                          1 hour, 55 minutes

well, here it is from my house. so i figure 2-2.5 hours pending traffic. dont over think the tent just bring something to sleep in that can handle a bit of wind.
                          I always overthink the tent. It's a female thing. We overthink our nests. Ever try to get a guy out of the house on a hunting trip without at least 3 different changes of mind about the rifle and ammo?

A couple of hours eh? That should finish up that book on CD. Leave before traffic and it should be a clear sail. I will be heading away from town, so it should be easier. 101 to the 170 to the 5 to the 14 (I'm a few blocks from the 101 in Hollywood). I'm going to button up the Jeep before I leave, so I won't be stopping to add or subtract clothing. Should make good time.

Ok, the rest of you: when do you plan to arrive? :confused:

Comment

Originally posted by Cetrov

It should only take about 2 hours from your house. I'm going friday afternoon. Should be there before dark. I'm probably going to reserve a site a panament springs. You are always welcome to join.
                            1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

crick, everyone just kinda camps wherever, and the bonfire is the fun area. just as long as people don't camp 3 feet from my tent, i'm happy!!
                              :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                                crick, everyone just kinda camps wherever, and the bonfire is the fun area. just as long as people don't camp 3 feet from my tent, i'm happy!!
                                damn! i had big plans to camp right at your tent door ... are you sure that isnt ok?
                                ERIK

Comment

Working...
                                X