Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panamint Valley Days / Nov. 7-9

Panamint Valley Days is coming up,
    I think Nov7-9. Has anyone been to that event? It looks like it might be a good opportunity to see some new trails.
    Also thanks to all for the the great trail ride up Rowher flats. I ran it again last weekend with a buddy. Sorry I missed the B-Que, it looked like fun.
    Blue Tj
    tjTerry

[COLOR=red]

Registration is $40/vehicle and must be received by OCTOBER 25th. Otherwise it's $50/vehicle. See the website for more info:
    http://home.earthlink.net/~ridgerunner/panamint/

WHO'S IN SO FAR ...
    tjterry
    igofshn
    m1jeep
    king4wd & king4wd2
    sarah & rick
    qwiksilver
    NAILER! woohoo!
    CETROV !!! (woohoo!)
    dukes69 & jeepgal
    [/COLOR]
    Last edited by sarah; 10-19-03, 11:24 PM.
    456's 2 lockers 4 disc brakes 8.8 lots of skid plates

I'm considering it. It will give us an oportunity to see Death Valley.
    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

I've heard it's a pretty packed event, like all of the others. I'd be interested in checking it out tho ... do we have to register?
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

http://www.cal4wheel.com/pvd/pvd03.htm

It is a cal4wheel event.

Comment

I'm going!

I'll be there. Extremely beautiful and rich with history. I'm totally looking forward to it!

I went last year and it was sooooo windy I left after 1 full day. It was so windy that the port-o-potties blew over, my 10'x17' tent broke and it rained the entire time except during the raffle.

My advice is to bring a small low profile tent (2 man size) and bring extra fuel. I was driving to Trona after each trail ride to refuel. Aired down with a head wind I would return to camp with 3/4 of a tank left!

I'd love to meet fellow MJR wheelers out there!

Rich

Comment

Re: I'm going!

Originally posted by m1jeep
            I went last year and it was sooooo windy I left after 1 full day. It was so windy that the port-o-potties blew over, my 10'x17' tent broke and it rained the entire time except during the raffle.
            wow, that sucks! what did you think of the event other than that?
            sarah

Comment

Re: Re: I'm going!

Originally posted by sarah
              wow, that sucks! what did you think of the event other than that?
              sarah

Other than the weather, which I should've expected or at least prepared for, everything was cool! It wasn't very crowded as you might expect. The trail rides had roughly 1 dozen vehicles each.

I'm prepared for this year's PVD!

Click here for the official PVD info

Comment

I might have to hit that one up- gonna ask the wife to join me-
                gotta find a babysitter.
                Kirk
                1997 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn
                  I'm considering it. It will give us an oportunity to see Death Valley.
                  Death Valley is AWESOME one of my all-time favorite places in the world.

I hope to someday retire in the Owens Valley so i can make quick trips around the mojave and Death Valley.
                  ~ Dos Tacos Mas, Porfavor!

Comment

This event looks good I am planning on attending, hopefully for the trail rides Friday and Saturaday. I will be camping with enclosed trailer " Miracle Motorsports". If anyone wants to get together and do some side runs.
                    456's 2 lockers 4 disc brakes 8.8 lots of skid plates

Comment

rockin! i believe we're going to register!

Comment

Panamint Valley Days

We're planning on attending. That is if we can get the rear end back together in time. My wife was driving it before the Hi Desert Round Up and the rear bearings went out. She babied it home, good thing it was at the Victor Valley College and we live across from there.
                        I've got the pinion shaft seated and got to put the carrier back in along with the axles and I'm done. That should be an hour job. We plan on bringing the kids, it'll be Sean's (2yr old) first time four wheeling since he was born. We went to the Hi Desert Round Up while Sandy was pregnant with him. She rode the whole thing except the Rock Gardens. She got out and took some pics.
                        If we're there look for the 98 Chili Pepper Red Jeep with Marvin the Martian on all four corners and a dented front end on the driver's side.

Tom & Sandy
                        It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
                        and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

I'm sending my money this week. It should be a fun weekend.

Comment

cool - i made a attendee list at the top.

Comment

I just got my confirmation last night. From reading the posts following yours, it looks like I will be packing the heavy duty gear for my slumber comfort and the Jeep will be buttoned up.

This will be my first organized run ever. I can't wait.

Comment

Working...
                              X